- Table View
- List View
An undergraduate text concentrating on constitutional foundations, patterns of political behavior, political institutions, and public policy outputs. Contains chapter summaries, key terms, and discussion questions, and boxes on politics since the 1960s; public opinion; comparison of the US with other nations in areas such as tax rates. Includes color photos and graphics. This second edition expands coverage of theories of democracy; fiscal federalism; the Constitution and religion; the media; and candidate-centered politics. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc. , Portland, Or.
Government in America illustrates the impact that government has on the daily lives of each and every American, motivating students to become active participants in all aspects of our political culture, and helping overcome student apathy towards American Government.
Government in America, 2012 Election Edition looks at government's impact on the daily lives of Americans with a public policy approach. This text introduces the main features of American politics and helps students see that politics drives what government can-or cannot do-for the people. This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab. MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist.
Government in America AP Edition provides AP students with a better understanding of our fascinating political system. This fourteenth edition of Government in America continues to frame its content with a public policy approach to government in the United States. We continually ask--and answer-- the question, "What difference does politics make to the policies governments produce?" It is one thing to describe the Madisonian system of checks and balances and separation of powers or the elaborate and unusual federal system of government in the United States; it is something else to ask how these features of our constitutional structure affect the policies governments generate.
Government in America, AP Edition is meant to provide readers with a better understanding of the fascinating political system. This fifteenth edition of Government in America, AP Edition continues to frame its content with a public policy approach to government in the United States.
Politics matters. That is the core message of this book. The national government provides important services, ranging from retirement security and health care to recreation facilities and weather forecasts. The national government may also send us to war or negotiate peace with our adversaries, expand or restrict our freedom, raise or lower our taxes, and increase or decrease aid to education. In the twenty-first century, decision makers of both political parties are facing difficult questions regarding American democracy and the scope of our government. Students need a framework for understanding these questions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.