- Table View
- List View
The ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) and ubiquitin-related modifiers are not only involved in cellular protein quality control but also in the regulation of many fundamental cellular processes/pathways as well as in their disease-relevant aberrations. Ubiquitin Family Modifiers and Proteasome: Reviews and Protocols presents both novel developments in UPS research and important methods related to the main recent advances in the field of ubiquitin family modifiers. Divided into five convenient sections, this volume focuses on the enzymology and substrate identification of ubiquitin family modifiers, the recognition and chain formation of these modifiers, the analysis of proteasome biogenesis and function, protein quality control, and finally the use of small molecules and strategies to study or manipulate the function of the UPS and of ubiquitin family modifiers, respectively. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Ubiquitin Family Modifiers and Proteasome: Reviews and Protocols will be of great use to investigators and students engaged in both basic and applied research in life sciences.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.