- Table View
- List View
This anthology presents 90 documents that focus on the nature, evolution and meaning of the principle myths that have made anti-Semitism such a lethal force in history: Jews as deicides, ritual murderers, agents of Satan, international conspirators, and conniving, unscrupulous Shylocks.
History of the World contains many features to help you learn and enjoy world history. They are: Unit and Chapter Introductions, Section Organization, Section and Chapter Reviews, Primary Sources, Links Across Time and Space, Pictures, Special Features, Maps, Graphs, and Tables, Reference Section, etc.
World history textbook
This brief, two-volume primary source reader emphasizes the history of ideas. Based on the full-length Sources of the Western Tradition, 6/e, this text allows instructors to introduce a limited number of documents in Western Civilization and present an affordable option to students. While this reader works as an accompaniment to any Western Civilization course, it makes an ideal companion for Perry's Western Civilization, 7/e, or Western Civilization: A Brief History, 5/e.
Western Civilization is a blending of two traditions that emerged in the ancient world: the Judeo-Christian and the Greco-Roman. Before these traditions took shape, the drama of civilization was well advanced, having arisen some five thousand years ago in Mesopotamia and Egypt.
Known for its accessible writing style, this text appeals to students and instructors alike for its brevity, clarity, and careful selection of content including its enhanced focus on religion and philosophy. Updated with more recent scholarship, the Ninth Edition retains many popular features, including comparative timelines and full-color maps with physical geography essays. New technology resources, including an interactive eBook, make learning more engaging and instruction more efficient.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.