- Table View
- List View
Getting a book published is hard enough-getting a novel published is doubly so! But a writer seeing his story on bookshelves everywhere is just a rewrite away with this book! Written by two award-winning novelists, this workshop-in-a-book is all aspiring authors need to master the art of fiction-and see their novel in print. Based on their popular workshops, Mary Buckham and Dianna Love Snell have created a novel-writing system that anyone can follow. Their innovative method shows writers how to create stories of depth, excitement, and emotion with: Easy-to-understand templates that guide the new writer through building a novel and show more experienced writers how to deepen a plot and take a first draft to the next level Reference examples from a strongly-plotted popular genre films like suspense, classics, children, and romance Simple worksheets to build a strong story one plot point at a time for any genreTroubleshooting tips that reveal how to find and fix holes that weaken the plot Insights from best-selling novelists representing a variety of fiction genres A bonus dialogue guide that reveals how to make a character come alive through conversation. Inspiring authors shall struggle no more with the help of this step-by-step guide!
When Jane Richards woke up bound and blindfolded, she just knew it had to be a mistake. She was a small-town librarian, after all. Who'd want to kidnap her? Little did she know that her striking resemblance to Elena, the queen of Vendari, would result in her being whisked away to parts unknown and coerced into acting as Elena's double. Jane's only ally was the majorly sexy Major Lucius McConneghy. But could she trust him?Lucius had sworn to protect Jane no matter what. But with death threats aimed at the real Elena, keeping Jane out of trouble wouldn't be easy. At first Lucius's promise was professional, but as the mission progressed-and his attraction to the surprisingly brave Jane became impossible to ignore-he couldn't prevent it from becoming personal. . . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.