Getting a book published is hard enough-getting a novel published is doubly so! But a writer seeing his story on bookshelves everywhere is just a rewrite away with this book! Written by two award-winning novelists, this workshop-in-a-book is all aspiring authors need to master the art of fiction-and see their novel in print. Based on their popular workshops, Mary Buckham and Dianna Love Snell have created a novel-writing system that anyone can follow. Their innovative method shows writers how to create stories of depth, excitement, and emotion with: Easy-to-understand templates that guide the new writer through building a novel and show more experienced writers how to deepen a plot and take a first draft to the next level Reference examples from a strongly-plotted popular genre films like suspense, classics, children, and romance Simple worksheets to build a strong story one plot point at a time for any genreTroubleshooting tips that reveal how to find and fix holes that weaken the plot Insights from best-selling novelists representing a variety of fiction genres A bonus dialogue guide that reveals how to make a character come alive through conversation. Inspiring authors shall struggle no more with the help of this step-by-step guide!
When Jane Richards woke up bound and blindfolded, she just knew it had to be a mistake. She was a small-town librarian, after all. Who'd want to kidnap her? Little did she know that her striking resemblance to Elena, the queen of Vendari, would result in her being whisked away to parts unknown and coerced into acting as Elena's double. Jane's only ally was the majorly sexy Major Lucius McConneghy. But could she trust him?Lucius had sworn to protect Jane no matter what. But with death threats aimed at the real Elena, keeping Jane out of trouble wouldn't be easy. At first Lucius's promise was professional, but as the mission progressed-and his attraction to the surprisingly brave Jane became impossible to ignore-he couldn't prevent it from becoming personal. . . .
Enhance Your Fiction with the Power of an Active Setting!Setting is one of the most underutilized and misunderstood elements of the writing craft. And when writers do focus on setting, they often pull readers out of the narrative and jolt their attention from the action on the page.A Writer's Guide to Active Setting will show you how to create vivid, detailed settings that bring your story to life. You'll learn how to deepen character development, anchor readers to a specific time and place, reveal backstory without slowing things down, elevate action sequences, and more.Drawing upon examples from authors writing across a variety of genres, Mary Buckham will illustrate exactly how the proper use of setting can dramatically improve your story. You'll learn what's effective about each passage and how you can use those techniques to make your story shine."Takes an all too often overlooked technique, and elevates it to a next-level game changer for powerful fiction." --Cathy Yardley, author of Rock Your Plot"A powerful combination of fresh insights, practical examples, and how-to advice on the often overlooked but critical element of setting...written in a quick-to-read and easy-to-understand style, and packed with useful application exercises." --Kelly L. Stone, author of Thinking Write: The Secret to Freeing Your Creative Mind"If you're a writer, then Mary Buckham's book is a must-have tool for your writer's toolkit. Creating settings that are rich and believable is not an easy task, but with this book, I found that each chapter gave me great tips that I could immediately implement in my manuscript." --Laurie G. Adams, author of Finding Atticus
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.