From addictions treatment pioneer G. Alan Marlatt and associates, this is the authoritative work on harm reduction: its principles, strategies, and practical applications. Contributors review programs that have been developed and tested for a range of high-risk behaviors, including problem drinking, tobacco use, illicit drug use, and risky sexual behavior. Flexible, tailored, culturally competent treatment approaches are described for marginalized and underserved communities. The volume also explores philosophical and policy-related debates surrounding this growing movement. New to This Edition, Reflects significant advances in research and clinical practice, as well as increasing professional acceptance of the harm reduction model.*Chapters on the current status of the field, applications to psychotherapy, and treatment of dual disorders. Chapters on additional populations (adolescent drinkers and Hispanic/Latino and Asian American substance users) and an additional substance (cannabis).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.