- Table View
- List View
How much of your past should you share? Is it wise to date another addict in recovery? What should you do if you're attracted to a problem drinker? These are important questions in any dating relationship, but even more critical for individuals who are in recovery. This Step-friendly, one-of-a-kind dating guide offers frank yet lighthearted advice about avoiding the traps, triggers, and trauma of romance in recovery. EXCERPT: "Dating in recovery has been compared to playing football without gear, running barefoot over sharp rocks, and having dental work without the benefit of painkillers. It can be the great escape, bounce you back into relapse, or trigger a new addiction."
The Easy Does It Relationship Guide shares solid advice for couples in recovery, delivered with a light touch. Mary Faulkner, a therapist and popular workshop leader, identifies the five basic topics partners argue about over and over again--money, sex, extended family, children, and time--and offers suggestions for assessing and resolving disagreements. Readers will come to see relationships as a process, always changing, often challenging, and ultimately a source of hope, strength, and joy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.