- Table View
- List View
What if the words of the Pope-or many popes-were offered in language so accessible that young Catholics could understand them? That is what Pauline Kids offers in this series of prayer books: Thoughts and Prayers of the Pope for Young Catholics. Adoring Jesus with the Holy Father includes teachings and prayers of twelve popes about the Holy Eucharist, set in the context of a holy hour. Themes include: making time for God, the real presence, the Eucharist as a holy sacrifice, the Eucharist as communion, loving Jesus, the Mass, becoming the Body of Christ, and the Eucharist as bread for the world. This volume also contains the prayers for exposition and benediction.
This book presents the fundamentals of the Catholic faith in a concise question-and-answer format. Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, this popular handbook covers the Creed, the Sacraments, Christian morality, and prayer.
Does life have meaning? What's the purpose of my life? Drawing from both his sermons and writings, Life's Purpose: Wisdom from John Henry Newman lets us reflect with one of the great philosophers of the 19th century on a problem that continues to perplex us today. Find meaning in your life with Newman, a masterful preacher, influential thinker, and follower of God.
How do I know if I'm living an authentic Christian life? Jesus calls each person to holiness, yet he calls each of us in a unique way. Where can we find the guidance we need as we walk along our paths to God? Catherine is a sure guide along the way of loving service to our neighbors for the sake of Christ.
I love God, but my prayer doesn t seem to be going anywhere. What s happening? Sometimes prayer seems effortless. Other times, no matter who we are or what our vocation is in life, we are distracted by some other interest. Teresa of Avila teaches us to both live and pray in reality, and to find God s peace and his presence in the midst of our daily lives.
Does suffering have meaning? Drawing from the timeless spiritual classic The Imitation of Christ, this book helps the reader discover the meaning of suffering in everyday life and how these trials can lead him or her closer to God. Thomas á Kempis teaches the reader how to relate their own struggles with those of Jesus. Uncover the value of suffering in this enlightening book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.