- Table View
- List View
What if the words of the Pope-or many popes-were offered in language so accessible that young Catholics could understand them? That is what Pauline Kids offers in this series of prayer books: Thoughts and Prayers of the Pope for Young Catholics. Adoring Jesus with the Holy Father includes teachings and prayers of twelve popes about the Holy Eucharist, set in the context of a holy hour. Themes include: making time for God, the real presence, the Eucharist as a holy sacrifice, the Eucharist as communion, loving Jesus, the Mass, becoming the Body of Christ, and the Eucharist as bread for the world. This volume also contains the prayers for exposition and benediction.
This book presents the fundamentals of the Catholic faith in a concise question-and-answer format. Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, this popular handbook covers the Creed, the Sacraments, Christian morality, and prayer.
Does life have meaning? What's the purpose of my life? Drawing from both his sermons and writings, Life's Purpose: Wisdom from John Henry Newman lets us reflect with one of the great philosophers of the 19th century on a problem that continues to perplex us today. Find meaning in your life with Newman, a masterful preacher, influential thinker, and follower of God.
How do I know if I'm living an authentic Christian life? Jesus calls each person to holiness, yet he calls each of us in a unique way. Where can we find the guidance we need as we walk along our paths to God? Catherine is a sure guide along the way of loving service to our neighbors for the sake of Christ.
I love God, but my prayer doesn t seem to be going anywhere. What s happening? Sometimes prayer seems effortless. Other times, no matter who we are or what our vocation is in life, we are distracted by some other interest. Teresa of Avila teaches us to both live and pray in reality, and to find God s peace and his presence in the midst of our daily lives.
Does suffering have meaning? Drawing from the timeless spiritual classic The Imitation of Christ, this book helps the reader discover the meaning of suffering in everyday life and how these trials can lead him or her closer to God. Thomas á Kempis teaches the reader how to relate their own struggles with those of Jesus. Uncover the value of suffering in this enlightening book.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.