- Table View
- List View
Eight simple money- and time-saving strategies to avoid probate. Includes a summary of the laws in each state.
Whenever property is transferred in California, a new deed is required. Aimed at non-lawyers, this accessible guide explains how to choose the right kind of deed, draw it up, and file it with the county recorder. All of the necessary forms are provided in a photocopiable format and are accompanied by step-by-step instructions.
Dog owners must abide by a lot of laws, which control everything from how many dogs you can have to what vaccinations they must have to when you can let them off the leash. Whether you own a dog or just live near one, you need to know your legal rights and responsibilities. Every Dog's Legal Guide clearly explains the common legal issues that affect dog owners and their neighbors, including: -Dog owners' liability for injuries -Dogs that bite or create a nuisance -Animal cruelty -Landlords, tenants and dogs -Traveling with dogs -Providing for pets at death -Dealing with veterinarians -Your rights when buying or selling a dog -Restrictions on dangerous dogs -Vaccinations licenses and other local laws -Guide, signal, and service dogs The 7th edition has been completely updated to reflect the newest state and federal laws affecting dogs, their owners, and their neighbors.
America's canine population is governed by many things: the nose, the stomach -- and the law. It is essential that dog owners and their neighbors know the ins and outs of various dog-related laws; including those regarding: - biting and barking - veterinarians - leash requirements - travel - landlords - wills - guide dogs - pit bulls - cruelty - and more. Unleashed by Nolo in 1988, Dog Law has been serialized in Redbook and the Los Angeles Times.
The Executor's Guide shows someone who's wrapping up a loved one's matters how to proceed, step by step. It explains what must be done right away and what can wait, and guides readers through a land of unfamiliar legal procedures and terminology. It covers: * preparing for the job of executor or trustee * the first steps to take * claiming life insurance, Social Security and other benefits * making sense of a will * what to do if there is no will * how to determine whether probate is necessary * caring for children and their property * taxes * an overview of probate court proceedings * dealing with family members * handling simple trusts * looking up your state's laws * working with lawyers, appraisers, accountants and other experts The book contains tables that outline key points of each state's laws, the latest information on the new estate tax laws, and helpful worksheets.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.