- Table View
- List View
Eight simple money- and time-saving strategies to avoid probate. Includes a summary of the laws in each state.
Whenever property is transferred in California, a new deed is required. Aimed at non-lawyers, this accessible guide explains how to choose the right kind of deed, draw it up, and file it with the county recorder. All of the necessary forms are provided in a photocopiable format and are accompanied by step-by-step instructions.
Dog owners must abide by a lot of laws, which control everything from how many dogs you can have to what vaccinations they must have to when you can let them off the leash. Whether you own a dog or just live near one, you need to know your legal rights and responsibilities. Every Dog's Legal Guide clearly explains the common legal issues that affect dog owners and their neighbors, including: -Dog owners' liability for injuries -Dogs that bite or create a nuisance -Animal cruelty -Landlords, tenants and dogs -Traveling with dogs -Providing for pets at death -Dealing with veterinarians -Your rights when buying or selling a dog -Restrictions on dangerous dogs -Vaccinations licenses and other local laws -Guide, signal, and service dogs The 7th edition has been completely updated to reflect the newest state and federal laws affecting dogs, their owners, and their neighbors.
America's canine population is governed by many things: the nose, the stomach -- and the law. It is essential that dog owners and their neighbors know the ins and outs of various dog-related laws; including those regarding: - biting and barking - veterinarians - leash requirements - travel - landlords - wills - guide dogs - pit bulls - cruelty - and more. Unleashed by Nolo in 1988, Dog Law has been serialized in Redbook and the Los Angeles Times.
The Executor's Guide shows someone who's wrapping up a loved one's matters how to proceed, step by step. It explains what must be done right away and what can wait, and guides readers through a land of unfamiliar legal procedures and terminology. It covers: * preparing for the job of executor or trustee * the first steps to take * claiming life insurance, Social Security and other benefits * making sense of a will * what to do if there is no will * how to determine whether probate is necessary * caring for children and their property * taxes * an overview of probate court proceedings * dealing with family members * handling simple trusts * looking up your state's laws * working with lawyers, appraisers, accountants and other experts The book contains tables that outline key points of each state's laws, the latest information on the new estate tax laws, and helpful worksheets.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.