- Table View
- List View
From addictions treatment pioneer G. Alan Marlatt and associates, this is the authoritative work on harm reduction: its principles, strategies, and practical applications. Contributors review programs that have been developed and tested for a range of high-risk behaviors, including problem drinking, tobacco use, illicit drug use, and risky sexual behavior. Flexible, tailored, culturally competent treatment approaches are described for marginalized and underserved communities. The volume also explores philosophical and policy-related debates surrounding this growing movement. New to This Edition, Reflects significant advances in research and clinical practice, as well as increasing professional acceptance of the harm reduction model.*Chapters on the current status of the field, applications to psychotherapy, and treatment of dual disorders. Chapters on additional populations (adolescent drinkers and Hispanic/Latino and Asian American substance users) and an additional substance (cannabis).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.