- Table View
- List View
Drawing on years of significant advances and developments, the editors of this third edition have thoroughly updated the highly praised first and second editions and added new chapters to reflect the knowledge emerging from research on genomics, proteomics, chemoprevention strategies, pharmacogenomics, new molecular targets, therapeutic monoclonal antibodies, and innovative cytotoxic and cytostatic small molecular-weight molecules.
Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF or GCSF) is a secreted glycoprotein that stimulates the proliferation and differentiation of granulocyte precursor cells, and induces mobilization of peripheral blood progenitor cells from the bone marrow. Development of recombinant human G-CSF has had a profound impact on the treatment of many diseases, including severe chronic neutropenia and cancer, and has enabled peripheral stem cell transplantation to supplant bone marrow transplantation in the autologous setting. This Milestones in Drug Therapy volume describes the experience of the last 20 years of treatment with recombinant human G-CSF, including the basic science, the use of recombinant human G-CSF in both the oncology and nononcology settings, and the safety and economics of its use. Many of the authors were the original investigators of recombinant human G-CSF and other authors are key researchers who provide their outlook for the next 20 years for use of and research with recombinant human G-CSF.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.