- Table View
- List View
Filled with essential checklists, worksheets, and advice, The Small Business Start-Up Guide will get you up and running! The Small Business Start-Up Guide is a must-have for anyone starting a business. A complete overview of everything you need to know to start successfully, it will save you time, effort, and money. Discover: Which business entity is right for you How to formulate a complete business plan The ins and outs of bank laons and government assistance The pros and cons of franchising Which professionals to consult and when Everything you need to know about taxes and insurance Plus, get a great time-saving information, including: A checklist of all the things you must do when starting a business Many helpful resources, including worksheets and a complete list of state guidelines for starting a small business Where to find the best sources of information concerning all of your specific business questions and concerns Tips for finding loans and investors "The pluses and minuses for each type of organization a start-up can assume."--Wall Street Journal Right now is the time to start building the business you want!
The four-square-mile incorporated city of Solana Beach rests along the coast of northern San Diego County. The name Solana means "sunny spot" in Spanish. For centuries, native Kumeyaay Indians called this once arid, sagebrush-covered landscape home. The land remained mostly untouched until the turn of the 19th century, when a local businessman named Ed Fletcher began to turn the tiny little hamlet into a full-fledged community. Fletcher was instrumental in working with the county in paving roads, building schools, bringing water to the area, carving out a true pathway to the Pacific Ocean, and even developing the first train station. In 1986, cityhood arrived, and its civic leaders made sure that the growth of the burgeoning seaside community would continue. The Belly Up Tavern was founded in 1974, bringing local and national music to the scene. In 1982, North Coast Repertory Theatre made its mark by bringing professional theater to the cozy, picturesque beach town. The area that was once called Lockwood Mesa has flourished into a thriving community where its residents can live and play. Today, Solana Beach is one of the vibrant jewels within the county of San Diego.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.