- Table View
- List View
Making the leap into sales management means meeting a whole new set of challenges. As a manager, you're going to have to quickly develop the skills that allow you to build and supervise a sales team, communicate effectively, set goals, be a mentor, and much, much more. Now that you've been handed these unfamiliar responsibilities, you're going to have to think on your feet -- or face the possibility of not living up to expectations. Easy-to-understand and filled with realistic examples and immediately usable strategies, Fundamentals of Sales Management for the Newly Appointed Sales Manager helps you understand what it takes to be a great sales manager, allowing you to avoid many of the common first-time sales management mistakes, and be successful right out of the gate. Dispensing with dry theory, the book helps you understand your new role in the organization, and how to thrive simultaneously as both a member of the management team, and as a team leader. You'll learn how to: * Make a smooth transition into management. * Build a superior, high-functioning sales team. * Set objectives and plan performance. * Delegate responsibilities. * Recruit new employees. * Improve productivity and effectiveness. Based on the bestselling American Management Association seminar, the book supplies you with indispensable, need-to-know information on communicating with your team, your bosses, your peers, and your customers; developing a sales plan and understanding the relationship between corporate, department, and individual plans; applying crucial time management skills to your new role; managing a sales territory; interviewing and hiring the right people; building a motivational environment; compensating your people; and understanding the difference between training, coaching, and counseling--and knowing how to excel at each. You can't make the leap into sales management successfully without the proper tools and information under your belt. Fundamentals of Sales Management for the Newly Appointed Sales Manager gives you everything you need to win the respect of your peers and colleagues, and immediately excel at your challenging new responsibilities.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.