- Table View
- List View
From the introduction: "The purpose of the present book is to bring together in a coherent manner new knowledge gained from research over the past 50 years on the physiology of intraocular pressure, ocular blood flow and the relation of these fundamental parameters to early diagnosis and therapy of vascular diseases of the eye and brain. It will be evident to the reader that the presentation is influenced significantly by the author's own research. My justification is that by good fortune I have spent many years with superb collaboration helping solve outstanding problems of ocular physiology. This knowledge has increased understanding of the parameters underlying the onset of ischemia and the loss of autoregulation associated with common ocular disease and thereby led to new methods of diagnosis and therapy."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.