- Table View
- List View
Thirteen-year-old Diana is to help out at her family dry cleaning business every day after school. But Diana soon discovers that the place has a secret: In the back room, the smart, savvy tailors sometimes try on the cool clothes. When Diana is modeling a luxe coat, she finds in its pocket the invitation to a Broadway gala opening...and decides to assume the role of the coat owner--and go to the event! Hilarity, mistaken identities, and even some light romance ensue...
Harriet is impressed to learn that the girl she has befriended, now called Annie Smith, is the person who not only created three names-Rosarita Sauvage, Yolanda Montezuma, and Zoe Carpaccio-but also three distinct personalities to match. This girl has potential. Being a spy has always been rather solitary, so Harriet is glad to have a new friend and spy partner. But then Harriet realizes that Annie reveals very little about herself, and indeed, is not telling the truth about where she goes and who she meets on the weekend. Sport says he's in love with the girl, but Annie lets drop she's in love with an older man. Harriet can't understand anything at all about this thing called love-even when she asks Ole Golly for advice, she still wonders. But as Harriet unravels Annie's mystery, she comes to appreciate the many different kinds of love there are.
Diana can't believe it when she's invited to a fancy masquerade ball. Luckily, she has the great resource of the No-Pickup rack at Cinderella Cleaners, where she can find the perfect ball gown--and mask! On the night of the ball, however, she meets her movie-star crush--and has to decide if she should hide behind her disguise, or reveal the real Diana.
For most people, the words rich and famous are joined at the hip. It's hard to imagine a celebrity who left home at 18 to pursue a religious life, gave up all her worldly possessions except three identical outfits, a pair of sandals, and a tin washing pail, and chose to live and work among the poorest of the poor. Yet Mother Teresa of Calcutta did just that, founding orphanages and shelters in her adopted home of India and around the globe. By the time of her death in 1997, she had gained thousands of followers working with needy, ill, and homeless people all over the world. She had met with many world leaders and won many honors, including the Nobel Peace Prize
The dry cleaners receive a shipment of private school uniforms. And Diana's life is turned upside down when, due to a series of misinterpretations, she must assume the identity of a snooty private school girl and attend a school not her own for one day! Will she be discovered, or will the disguise come off without a hitch?
Diana has always dreamed of being an actress or celebrity--and now, for the first time, opportunity has come knocking. When Tasha Kane, a pop star who is even bigger than Taylor Swift, comes to film her latest video in Diana's hometown, Diana gets a chance to audition. The only problem is, her role in the video hinges on wearing her rockin' vest--which she just happened to borrow from Cinderella Cleaners! Diana has to return the vest, but does that mean she can't be in the coolest video of all time?
Diana's never been a fan of cheerleaders. After all, mean queen bee Kayleigh is one, and she's always snooty to Diana and her friends. Still, Diana has school spirit, and is bummed to be missing all the festivities for the town's Homecoming game while she's stuck working at the cleaners. But when Diana's co-worker Cat has to help a friend in need, Diana finds herself at the homecoming parade. . . and, against all odds, in a cheerleading costume borrowed from the cleaners! And to her surprise, Diana almost. . . enjoys her disguise! But can she pull off this top-secret pom-pom mission?
There's more than one way to be powerful . . . It is during a routine school project that Abby Silva--sixteen and nearly friendless--makes a startling discovery: She is descended from women who were accused of witchcraft back in 1600s Salem. And when Abby visits nearby Salem, strange, inexplicable events start to unfold. Objects move when she wills them to. Candles burst into sudden flame. And an ancient spellbook somehow winds up in her possession. Trying to harness her newfound power, Abby concocts a love potion to win over her longtime crush--and exact revenge upon his cruel, bullying girlfriend. But old magic is not to be trifled with. Soon, Abby is thrust headlong into a world of hexes, secrets, and danger. And then there's Rem Anders, the beautiful, mysterious Salem boy who seems to know more about Abby than he first lets on. A reckoning is coming, and Abby will have to make sense of her history--and her heart--before she can face the powerful truth.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.