- Table View
- List View
<p>Today’s highly interactive websites pose a challenge for traditional SQL databases—the ability to scale rapidly and serve loads of concurrent users. With this concise guide, you’ll learn how to build web applications on top of Couchbase Server 2.0, a NoSQL database that can handle websites and social media where hundreds of thousands of users read and write large volumes of information.</p>
Starting with the core architecture and structure of Couchbase Server, this title will tell you everything you need to know to install and setup your first Couchbase cluster. You'll be given guidance on sizing your cluster so that you maximise your performance. After installation, you'll be shown how to use the admin web console to administer your server, and then learn the techniques behind the specific tasks behind cluster management. This includes adding and removing nodes, rebalancing, and backing up and restoring your cluster.
CouchDB is a new breed of database for the Internet, geared to meet the needs of today's dynamic web applications. With this concise introduction, you'll learn how CouchDB's simple model for storing, processing, and accessing data makes it ideal for the type of data and rapid response users now demand from your applications--and how easy CouchDB is to set up, deploy, maintain, and scale. The code-packed examples in this book will help you learn how to work with documents, populate a simple database, replicate data from one database to another, and a host of other tasks. Install CouchDB on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, or (if you must) from the source code Interact with data through CouchDB's RESTful API, and use standard HTTP operations, such as PUT, GET, POST, and DELETE Use Futon--CouchDB's web-based interface-- to manage databases and documents, and to configure replications Learn how to create, update, and delete documents in JSON format, and how to create and delete databases Work with design documents to get the formatting and indexing your application requires
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.