- Table View
- List View
Kat Caruso wishes her brain had a return policy, or at least a complaint hotline. The defective organ is constantly distracted, terrible at statistics, and absolutely flooded with inappropriate thoughts about her boyfriend's gorgeous best friend, Alec . . . who just so happens to be her brand-new math tutor. Who knew nerds could be so hot?Kat usually goes through tutors like she does boyfriends--both always seem to bail when they realize how hopeless she is. It's safer for her heart to keep everyone at arm's length. But Alec is always stepping just a little too close.Alec Stone should not be fantasizing about Kat. She's adorable, unbelievably witty, and completely off-limits. He'd never stab his best friend in the back . . .But when secrets are revealed, the lines of loyalty are blurred. To make it count, Alec must learn that messy human emotions can't be solved like a trigonometry function. And Kat has to trust that he may be the first guy to want her for who she is, and not in spite of it.
Max Payton lives by two rules:Size and strength win any fight, and never show weakness.When a rash of assaults sends Bowler University into a tailspin, Max volunteers to help teach a self-defense class. One of the other instructors is the beautiful, pixie-faced girl he keeps butting heads with ... and who challenges everything he thought he knew.Lea Travers avoids guys like Max--cocky jocks who assume she's fragile because of a disability caused by a childhood accident. She likes to be in control, and something about being with Max makes her feel anything but. During the moments he lets his guard down, Lea sees a soul as broken inside as she is outside. Trusting him is a whole other problem ...When the attacks ramp up and hit close to home, Lea and Max must learn, before it's too late, that true strength can come from vulnerability ... and giving in to trust is sometimes the only way to make things right.
From the author of Make it Count comes the first novel in the In Focus series... With his college graduation gown expertly pitched into the trash, Justin Akron is ready for the road trip he planned with his best friend Landry-- and ready for one last summer of escape from his mother's controlling grip. Climbing into the Winnebago his father left him, they set out across America in search of the sites his father had captured through the lens of his Nikon. As an aspiring photographer, Justin can think of no better way to honor his father's memory than to scatter his ashes at the sites he held sacred. And there's no one Justin would rather share the experience with more than Landry. But Justin knows he can't escape forever. Eventually he'll have to return home and join his mother's Senate campaign. Nor can he escape the truth of who he is, and the fact that he's in love with his out-and-proud travel companion.Admitting what he wants could hurt his mother's conservative political career. But with every click of his shutter and every sprinkle of ash, Justin can't resist Landry's pull. And when the truth comes into focus, neither is prepared for the secrets the other is hiding.Megan Erickson worked as a journalist covering real-life dramas before she decided she liked writing her own endings better and switched to fiction. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, two kids and two cats. When she's not tapping away on her laptop, she's probably listening to the characters in her head who won't stop talking.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.