- Table View
- List View
Are you: Fed up with all the mixed messages on how to be fit and lose weight? Intimidated by the gym's machines, weights, or classes? Discouraged, as you've worked out in the past but have seen no results? Frustrated that you can't afford a personal trainer to help motivate and guide you? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Beat the Gym is the book for you. I know what works, and I want you to love the gym and finally achieve the body and level of fitness that YOU want. I have spent decades sculpting bodies in the top gyms of New York City-those of celebrities, CEOs, professional athletes, weekend warriors, and "real people," and now I am ready to share all my personal training secrets. Beat the Gym demystifies fitness and diet, and, best of all, includes more than fifty of my best and most proven workouts. Together, we can beat the gym and get you the body you deserve.
Have you ever had something you wanted to say to a friend, but couldn't? Ever wished you could go back in time to say something you didn't? Female friendships are some of the most powerful and beautiful relationships in our lives, but it can sometimes be hard to express our true sentiments to these friends. Whether it be pride, fear, feelings, or circumstance that stand in the way, each of us likely has something we wish we could say to someone, but haven't. In P.S., Megan McMorris collects these sentiments, as an anthology of unsent letters written by a range of women. For the friend who's been there for you through everything, the friend you've lost touch with, or the friend you've wished you could help, P.S. offers a chance to express the unspoken.A thought-provoking collection, P.S. is sure to resonate with women readers of all ages, from different walks of life.
They may be known as man's best friend, but as the writers in this poignant, funny, and dramatic collection know, there's no gender divide when it comes to canines. Whether walking down the street, gathering at the dog park, hitting the open road, or spending one too many nights together on the couch in front of the TV, a woman and her dog are an enduring pair. And there are many who consider their dogs to be members of their family and themselves to be full-fledged dog moms, even if they're single.From the family dog who takes on the anxiety of a family as the writer's sister battles breast cancer, to the compelling tale of a woman searching for her furry friend in the aftermath of September 11th, to the blind and deaf dog who teaches everyone about keeping on truckin' no matter what predicaments she gets into, the essays in this anthology get at the heart of love - and yes, sometimes love-hate-relationships women have with the dogs in their lives.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.