- Table View
- List View
Add a personal, handcrafted touch to any piece using just a few easy-to-find materials for one-of-a-kind results every time. Inside you'll find:Ideas for creating jewelry that is uniquely you, with custom clasps, pendants, and charms made to fit your personal style. Includes over 275 quick and easy ideas for mixed media components as well as 7 full stringing projects.Quick and easy projects- all projects feature easy techniques with stunning results.Project designs ranging from clever to contemporary, artsy to stylish- featuring boutique-style projects with a personal twistHundreds of project ideas and lots of inspiration for customizing your jewelry and creating one-of-a-kind pieces with how-to solutions for creating inexpensive alternatives to many store-bought jewelry componentsCustom Cool Jewelry teaches you how to create personalized, affordable, and unique alternatives to store-bought beading components using a wide range of jewelry and basic crafting materials including embossing powder, collage papers, wire, fibers, glass etching cream, patinas, found objects, fabric, memorabilia and more.
Ideas for embellishing beautiful garments and home decor to add personal touches are presented with easy, step-by-step instructions, illustrations, and 38 stitch techniques and 20 hand-embroidered projects, in this stylish stitching how-to. Included are motifs to dress up a skirt, day tripper bags, a guitar pick case, a picnic baby bib, a butterfly picture frame, hand-embroidered pillows, stitched note cards, and heirloom scrapbooks. Throughout the book are helpful tips and hints such as hiding knots and thread tails, sewing a pocket, making durable stitches, and working with silk and wire. In addition to teaching the basics, this guide can make projects ambitious by experimenting with stitches and the number and placement of motifs so that even experienced stitchers will find renewed inspiration for embroidery.
With interest in beadweaving on the rise, Mastering Peyote provides a much-needed look into the most integral technique - peyote stitch. With 15 styles in all, beading geniuses will finally have an accessible, easy-to-understand guide to one of the fundamentals of beadweaving, brought to you courtesy of Beadwork Editor Melinda Barta.In the "Peyote Basics" chapter, you will learn the basics of creating flat peyote bands, then advance to circular and tubular variations, eventually learning to fashion dimensional jewelry pieces. Once you've mastered the basics, Melinda dives into designing dimensional jewelry pieces. Additional chapters cover combining peyote with other popular beadweaving techniques (right-angle weave, herringbone, and bead embroidery) and creating unique edgings and embellishments for finished pieces. Melinda, together with Beadwork's Designers of the Year, including Jean Campbell, Lisa Kan, Carole Ohl, Melanie Potter, Jean Power, Cynthia Rutledge, and Sherri Serafini, demonstrates a range of styles in 15 beautiful jewelry projects.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.