- Table View
- List View
Devon's used to a life on the run-when she entered the Witness Protection program, she had to give up her friends, her family ... even her name. But now someone's cracked her FBI file and sent a hired killer after her, and Devon can't count on the Feds to protect her. Now Devon's fighting to stay one step ahead of the crime lord who's after her, but she can't do it alone. Her neighbor, a security expert, is willing to help her ... but is he her guardian angel, or working with the assassins chasing her? Devon has to decide, and soon ... because someone thinks she'd be better off dead.
When Detective Paul Tanner tells Madison Connelly that the man she thought was her father isn't, she wants answers--answers that will unknowingly draw her deep into a complicated web of intrigue, deceit, and murder.
In the secluded guesthouse of a lavish California estate, Whitney Marshall has finally found a place to heal after the painful end of her marriage. But her new-found peace is shattered by the arrival of Adam Hunter, the property's handsome heir, who draws Whitney into a deadly game of danger and desire.
How do you stop a killer when everyone thinks you're dead?When Newport Beach heiress Hayley Fordham heads to Costa Rica on an art commission, she has no idea she's narrowly escaped an assassin's car bomb. But before the paint's even dry on her mural, her stepsiblings have arranged her funeral and redivided the family trust. The fact that Hayley is still very much alive remains a secret to everyone but FBI investigator Ryan Hollister, who intercepts the "victim" returning home in the flesh.Ryan has zero tolerance for the pampered elite. But there's something about the complex Hayley that sets his blood racing. With evidence pointing to a Fordham family associate, Ryan needs her cooperation--and her closeness--more than he dares admit. Because now, especially now, he's prepared to risk anything to stop Hayley from being killed...again.
Even as you read these words, there are women just like you stepping up and making a difference in their communities, making our world a better place to live. Three such exceptional women have been selected as recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award. To celebrate their accomplishments, three bestselling authors have written short stories inspired by these real-life heroines.Debbie Macomber touches the heart in What Amanda Wants-a young woman's story of strength and courage in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.Brenda Novak's Small Packages shows us how the love of a very special baby boy helps two people get past their pain and embrace a hopeful future...together.Meryl Sawyer explores the importance of creating balance in our lives, stopping to smell the roses and making time to chase our dreams in Worth the Risk.
Against the awesome beauty of Sedona, Arizona, Meryl Sawyer creates a novel exploding with suspense and afire with a woman's awakening passions...
More Than WordsBestselling authors & Real-life heroinesEach and every one of us has the ability to effect change-to make our world a better place. The key is to begin in our own backyards, look at needs within our communities and then decide to do something about them. The dedicated women selected as this year's recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award have changed lives, one good deed at a time. To celebrate their accomplishments, bestselling authors have written stories inspired by these real-life heroines. In this book, Meryl Sawyer honors the work of Gracie Cavnar, founder of the Recipe for Success Foundation. We hope More Than Words inspires you to get in touch with the real-life heroine living inside of you.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.