- Table View
- List View
She was barely out of her teens, not exactly beautiful, but she'd tried to make the most of her looks.Now, defiled and alone in a seedy beachfront motel, she was dead. <P><P>And Paradise Police Chief Jesse Stone doesn't even know her name. But when his investigation lures him into the crosshairs of two ruthless pimps, Jesse finds out more about the girl than he ever dreamed. Because in pursuit of justice, if anyone can see the truth in dark, dark places, it's Jesse Stone.
One girl is a teenage dose of pretty poison. The other is a movie starlet on the run from a violent past. These two cases collide in Paradise and Jesse Stone is trapped between them.
It's tourist season in Paradise, Massachusetts. With it comes a baffling and violent crime wave that has residents on edge. It's also brought a mysterious figure who's stirring up troubling memories for Chief of Police Jesse Stone--especially when it appears the stranger is out for revenge.
Paradise, Massachusetts, police chief Jesse Stone returns in a brilliant new addition to the New York Times-bestselling series. Paradise, Massachusetts, is preparing for the summer tourist season when a string of car thefts disturbs what is usually a quiet time in town. In a sudden escalation of violence, the thefts become murder, and chief of police Jesse Stone finds himself facing one of the toughest cases of his career. Pressure from the town politicians only increases when another crime wave puts residents on edge. Jesse confronts a personal dilemma as well: a burgeoning relationship with a young PR executive, whose plans to turn Paradise into a summertime concert destination may have her running afoul of the law. When a mysterious figure from Jesse's past arrives in town, memories of his last troubled days as a cop in L. A. threaten his ability to keep order in Paradise - especially when it appears that the stranger is out for revenge.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.