- Table View
- List View
Introductory Chemistry,Third Edition helps readers master the quantitative skills and conceptual understanding they need to gain a deep understanding of chemistry. Unlike other books on the market that emphasize rote memory of problem-solving algorithms, Introductory Chemistry takes a conceptual approach with the idea that focusing on the concepts behind chemical equations helps readers become more proficient problem solvers. What Is Chemistry?, The Numerical Side of Chemistry, The Evolution of Atomic Theory, The Modern Model of the Atom 1, Chemical Bonding and Nomenclature, The Shape of Molecules, Chemical Reactions, Stoichiometry and the Mole, The Transfer of Electrons from One Atom to Another in a Chemical Reaction Intermolecular Forces and the Phases of Matter, What If There Were No Intermolecular Forces?, The Ideal Gas Solutions, When Reactants Turn into Products, Chemical Equilibrium, Electrolytes, Acids, and Bases, Nuclear Chemistry, The Chemistry of Carbon, Synthetic and Biological Polymers. For all readers interested in introductory chemistry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.