- Table View
- List View
What would you do with your life if your health were completely restored?Go beyond conventional medicine with this revolutionary guide to understanding wellness on a deeper level. Are you as healthy as you could be, as healthy as you would like to be?Do you wake up feeling rested? Do you feel physically attractive? Do you give yourself more supportive messages than critical ones? Is the home you live in harmonious? Is your job fulfilling? Are you able to let go of your attachment to specific outcomes and embrace uncertainty? Are you free from disease?How nice would it feel to be that healthy, to achieve extraordinary health? Integrative medicine pioneer Dr. Michael Finkelstein has helped tens of thousands of patients get there with his novel blend of conventional and holistic medicine. In this refreshing new book, he outlines his groundbreaking perspective and shares the tools you will need to manage your own recovery from the vast array of ailments and illnesses that often go unresolved in the modern American health care system. He then illuminates a path that will help you put these health challenges into an entirely new context, seeing beyond the symptoms and reaching a state of health that might otherwise seem impossible--a functional state of well-being that lab reports cant begin to measure. Drawing on decades of medical experience and patient consultations, as well as a good dose of common sense and practical wisdom, Dr. Finkelstein guides you through 77 questions that will help you understand various symptoms, their causes, and a path you may never have thought would lead you to solutions. Each chapter in this boundary-shattering book includes the key components of a successful consultation--from revealing lessons to practical prescriptions--along with illustrative anecdotes from real patients. In this warm, reassuring, enlightening book, Dr. Finkelstein takes you beyond conventional medicine to examine the intricate network of factors that lie behind many common illnesses--and empowers you to take your health back. Its time to walk down another path, one where the answers are in the questions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.