- Table View
- List View
What would you do with your life if your health were completely restored?Go beyond conventional medicine with this revolutionary guide to understanding wellness on a deeper level. Are you as healthy as you could be, as healthy as you would like to be?Do you wake up feeling rested? Do you feel physically attractive? Do you give yourself more supportive messages than critical ones? Is the home you live in harmonious? Is your job fulfilling? Are you able to let go of your attachment to specific outcomes and embrace uncertainty? Are you free from disease?How nice would it feel to be that healthy, to achieve extraordinary health? Integrative medicine pioneer Dr. Michael Finkelstein has helped tens of thousands of patients get there with his novel blend of conventional and holistic medicine. In this refreshing new book, he outlines his groundbreaking perspective and shares the tools you will need to manage your own recovery from the vast array of ailments and illnesses that often go unresolved in the modern American health care system. He then illuminates a path that will help you put these health challenges into an entirely new context, seeing beyond the symptoms and reaching a state of health that might otherwise seem impossible--a functional state of well-being that lab reports cant begin to measure. Drawing on decades of medical experience and patient consultations, as well as a good dose of common sense and practical wisdom, Dr. Finkelstein guides you through 77 questions that will help you understand various symptoms, their causes, and a path you may never have thought would lead you to solutions. Each chapter in this boundary-shattering book includes the key components of a successful consultation--from revealing lessons to practical prescriptions--along with illustrative anecdotes from real patients. In this warm, reassuring, enlightening book, Dr. Finkelstein takes you beyond conventional medicine to examine the intricate network of factors that lie behind many common illnesses--and empowers you to take your health back. Its time to walk down another path, one where the answers are in the questions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.