From toddlers to teens, children are full of questions. While we all want to give the right answers, we don't always know whether to be detailed or discreet, protective or honest. Drawn from the advice and experiences of dozens of psychological, medical, and educational experts, as well as countless parents, this timely and telling book offers answers to all the questions kids are bound to ask. Learn:<P> * How to jumpstart a conversation and simplify complicated topics <P> * How to know the best age to talk about sex, drugs, and other subjects <P> * Why once isn't always enough-and why some topics need to be revisited <P> * Whether some questions are best left unanswered<P> * How to gain a child's confidence and respect
Do you dread parent-teacher conferences? Does your child really know how to push your hot button? Has your child been labeled "defiant" or "rebellious"? Here are proven strategies that have helped millions to tame -- not break -- a spirited child. Parents are often faced with scary labels for their children, such as attention deficit disorder, learning disabilities, bipolar disorder, or hyperactivity. In this uniquely prescriptive guide, leading parenting expert Dr. Michael Popkin shows parents how to think differently about so-called problem children. The effective strategies within this guide will quiet the difficulties spirited children have at home and school while exposing the unique, special gifts they possess. Develop a relationship with your spirited child by:-- Building relationship skills -- Disciplining with encouragement-- Balancing the power dynamic -- Curbing tantrums effectivelyWith step-by-step methods for every type of misbehavior and every child's unique personality, this comprehensive guide will help parents cultivate their child's spark, not extinguish it -- and reach beyond depressing labels for their beloved children.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.