- Table View
- List View
In 1980, Michael Harner blazed the trail for the worldwide revival of shamanism with his seminal classic The Way of the Shaman. In this long-awaited sequel, he provides new evidence of the reality of heavens. Drawing from a lifetime of personal shamanic experiences and more than 2,500 reports of Westerners' experiences during shamanic ascension, Harner highlights the striking similarities between their discoveries, indicating that the heavens and spirits they've encountered do indeed exist. He also provides instructions on his innovative core-shamanism techniques, so that readers too can ascend to heavenly realms, seek spirit teachers, and return later at will for additional healing and advice. Written by the leading authority on shamanism, Cave and Cosmos is a must-read not only for those interested in shamanism, but also for those interested in spirituality, comparative religion, near-death experiences, healing, consciousness, anthropology, and the nature of reality.Praise for Michael Harner and The Way of the Shaman "What Yogananda did for Hinduism and D. T. Suzuki did for Zen, Michael Harner has done for shamanism--namely, bring the tradition and its richness to Western awareness." --from Higher Wisdom, by Roger Walsh and Charles S. Grob "Wonderful, fascinating.... Harner really knows what he's talking about." --Carlos Castaneda, best-selling author of The Teachings of Don Juan and The Active Side of Infinity "An intimate and practical guide to the art of shamanic healing and the technology of the sacred. Michael Harner is not just an anthropologist who has studied shamanism; he is an authentic white shaman." --Stanislav Grof, author of The Adventure of Self-Discovery "Harner has impeccable credentials, both as an academic and as a practicing shaman. Without doubt (since the recent death of Mircea Eliade) the world's leading authority on shamanism." --Nevill Drury, author of The Elements of Shamanism "Michael Harner is a great shaman. He also proves that a person can be both a scientist and a shaman." --Bo Bair Rinchinov, Siberian Buryat shamanFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Follow the fantastic odyssey of one woman as she explores shamanic realms, encountering spirit animals and other teachers who answer her deepest questions and provide her with life-changing guidance and healing. Widowed, childless, and alone, 60-year-old Ema bravely decides to expand her self-knowledge by embarking on a spiritual adventure. She meets with author Sandra Harner, who leads her through five sessions of Harner Shamanic Counseling (HSC), a highly effective system of personal problem-solving in which counselors help clients enter a shamanic state of consciousness using a specific sonic rhythm. While in this state, clients seek out helping spirits, who offer insight, wisdom, and healing. By the end of her sessions with Harner, Ema has discovered her own innate ability to find answers to pervasive personal questions, overcome inhibitory fears, and acquire self-confidence and wisdom. She has found a sense of personal empowerment and a newfound joy in existence--and decides she wants to continue her journeys independently. From 1999 to 2011, Ema ventures on a total of 64 journeys, each one chronicled in this book, thanks to taped recordings of her simultaneous narration. In addition to serving as an invaluable resource for students and practitioners of shamanism, psychology, and alternative modalities of therapy, Ema's Odyssey enchants us with its lyrical poetry and unique wisdom, and inspires us with its demonstration of courage, curiosity, persistence, and humility. Perhaps most importantly, we come away with the added assurance that we are not alone, that there are oft-untapped resources we all can access, given the tools and trust in our own experience.From the Trade Paperback edition.
With warmth and compassion, Sandra Ingerman describes the dramatic results of combining soul retrieval with contemporary psychological concepts in this visionary work that revives the ancient shamanic tradition of soul retrieval for healing emotional and physical illness. This revised and updated edition includes a new afterword by the author.
Written by the members of Mensa, here is a fascinating, enlightening program for strengthening the mind. Games, exercises, and mental fitness tests will help readers to open their minds and think smarter.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.