This book describes both the technologies used in the discovery of melanoma biomarkers and the clinical application of these biomarkers for diagnosis and staging of disease, determination of prognosis, treatment planning, monitoring of response to therapy, identification of novel therapeutic targets and drug development. A broad range of biomarkers (DNA/chromosomal, mRNA, microRNA, mitochondrial DNA, epigenetic and protein) is outlined. As therapies for melanoma become increasingly more target specific, the identification, validation and use of biomarkers will invariably play a greater role in the management of patients with this disease. Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets in Melanoma is an essential resource for oncologists, dermatologists, dermatopathologists, general pathologists with an interest in melanoma, and melanoma researchers.
Molecular Diagnostics in Dermatology and Dermatopathology presents the basics of molecular biology and molecular diagnostic methods most commonly used in the clinical laboratory, with an emphasis on the concepts and testing most relevant to dermatological diseases. Topics include the integration of newer diagnostic and prognostic techniques with 'traditional' histologic approaches, and discussions of regulatory, ethical, legal, economic issues and 'newer' technologies. This important diagnostic tool outlines the clinically relevant uses (i.e.; diagnostic, staging and/or prognostic) applications of these techniques in the field of dermatology. Molecular studies that investigate the pathogenesis of skin diseases will be excluded, unless they also have a direct diagnostic utility. The book will be of interest to practicing pathologists, dermatology and pathology residents, dermatologists, and dermatopathologists.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.