- Table View
- List View
Prehospital Care of Neurologic Emergencies is a reliable and definitive resource for emergency medical services personnel at multiple levels; physicians, paramedics, nurses and others who encounter these critically ill patients. This focused and succinct book addresses the management of a wide range of neurologic emergencies, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes, and seizures. In these emergencies time is critical, and the simply presented, straightforward format of the patient care and management recommendations help readers to treat patients rapidly and confidently. Each chapter follows a standard format that includes an overview of each neurologic emergency, important background, key challenges, and areas requiring future investigation. This book is unlikely to be placed on your bookshelf; instead, you will keep it nearby for times when you face life-threatening neurologic emergencies. When seconds count, this book has the answers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.