- Table View
- List View
Pairing hilarious poetry with the stunning collage work for which he is famous, Michael Roberts takes on the fashion world letter by letter--and in the way only a true insider can--in Fashion Victims. This gorgeous, stylish book illustrated and written by the Vanity Fair fashion director, influential stylist, and artist is a witty send-up of the fashion world that will delight style lovers, popular culture aficionados, and art lovers alike with its wit, acute observations, truth, and poignancy. Impeccably designed by Roberts himself, Fashion Victims is a perfect tongue-in-chic gift and a timeless collectible.
Sponsored by the Society of Pediatric Psychology, this handbook is recognized as the definitive reference in the field. In concise, peer-reviewed chapters, leading authorities comprehensively examine links between psychological and medical issues from infancy through adolescence. Psychosocial aspects of specific medical problems and developmental, emotional, and behavioral disorders are reviewed. The volume showcases evidence-based approaches to intervention and prevention. It describes innovative ways that professionals can promote positive health behaviors; help children and families cope with medical conditions and their treatment; and collaborate across disciplines to deliver effective clinical services in primary care, mental health, and school settings.
Scientists who do experiments to learn more about the world are practicing pure science, also defined as the continuing search for scientific knowledge. Engineers look for ways to use this knowledge for practical applications. This application of science is called technology.
This textbook contains lessons on matter, atoms and the periodic table, chemical reactions, solutions, acids, bases, and salts, nuclear changes, motion, forces, work and energy, heat and temperature, waves, sound and light, electricity, magnetism, communication technology, the solar system, the universe, planet Earth, the atmosphere, using natural resources, etc.
A long-awaited study of the poetry of Venantius Fortunatus
When a young Richie Furay moved to New York hoping to make it big in folk music, God wasn't one of his concerns. But destiny was. Later, when he started Buffalo Springfield with Neil Young and Stephen Stills, it seemed Furay's destiny had finally arrived. Although the band recorded only three albums, it remains a touchstone of sixties rock music-with all five band members now enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Furay remained a musical pioneer, forming Poco and recording some of the first-and best-country rock music of the sixties and seventies. His work was a major influence on the Eagles and innumerable other bands. But he still had not found his destiny. It wasn't until his marriage almost disintegrated that Furay confronted his need for God. After co-founding two legendary bands and recording with a rock super-group, Richie Furay finally found his destiny. The long journey took him from sold-out arena concerts to the pulpit of a Colorado church, from rock royalty to the Rock of Ages.Destiny is often found in the places where we're not looking. As you follow the twists and turns in Richie Furay's inspiring journey, you'll gain fresh insight into your own.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.