- Table View
- List View
Pairing hilarious poetry with the stunning collage work for which he is famous, Michael Roberts takes on the fashion world letter by letter--and in the way only a true insider can--in Fashion Victims. This gorgeous, stylish book illustrated and written by the Vanity Fair fashion director, influential stylist, and artist is a witty send-up of the fashion world that will delight style lovers, popular culture aficionados, and art lovers alike with its wit, acute observations, truth, and poignancy. Impeccably designed by Roberts himself, Fashion Victims is a perfect tongue-in-chic gift and a timeless collectible.
Sponsored by the Society of Pediatric Psychology, this handbook is recognized as the definitive reference in the field. In concise, peer-reviewed chapters, leading authorities comprehensively examine links between psychological and medical issues from infancy through adolescence. Psychosocial aspects of specific medical problems and developmental, emotional, and behavioral disorders are reviewed. The volume showcases evidence-based approaches to intervention and prevention. It describes innovative ways that professionals can promote positive health behaviors; help children and families cope with medical conditions and their treatment; and collaborate across disciplines to deliver effective clinical services in primary care, mental health, and school settings.
Scientists who do experiments to learn more about the world are practicing pure science, also defined as the continuing search for scientific knowledge. Engineers look for ways to use this knowledge for practical applications. This application of science is called technology.
This textbook contains lessons on matter, atoms and the periodic table, chemical reactions, solutions, acids, bases, and salts, nuclear changes, motion, forces, work and energy, heat and temperature, waves, sound and light, electricity, magnetism, communication technology, the solar system, the universe, planet Earth, the atmosphere, using natural resources, etc.
A long-awaited study of the poetry of Venantius Fortunatus
When a young Richie Furay moved to New York hoping to make it big in folk music, God wasn't one of his concerns. But destiny was. Later, when he started Buffalo Springfield with Neil Young and Stephen Stills, it seemed Furay's destiny had finally arrived. Although the band recorded only three albums, it remains a touchstone of sixties rock music-with all five band members now enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Furay remained a musical pioneer, forming Poco and recording some of the first-and best-country rock music of the sixties and seventies. His work was a major influence on the Eagles and innumerable other bands. But he still had not found his destiny. It wasn't until his marriage almost disintegrated that Furay confronted his need for God. After co-founding two legendary bands and recording with a rock super-group, Richie Furay finally found his destiny. The long journey took him from sold-out arena concerts to the pulpit of a Colorado church, from rock royalty to the Rock of Ages.Destiny is often found in the places where we're not looking. As you follow the twists and turns in Richie Furay's inspiring journey, you'll gain fresh insight into your own.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.