- Table View
- List View
This valuable WorkSmart guide helps you decide where you're going and make a plan to get there. Goal Setting discusses the importance of goals and explains how to let and achieve them.
As a manager, you're sandwiched between the pressure of senior executives and the demands of your own staff members. The last thing you need is an unruly employee whose chronic "negaholic" attitude upsets your office applecart and affects the morale of your entire staff. Managing Difficult People gives you the tools you need to cope with all kinds of difficult employees. From sneaky slackers to resident office tormentors, this handy guide cuts to the chase, helping you identify and deal with specific personality types such as: # The Bully # The Complainer or Whiner # The Procrastinator # The Know-It-All # The Silent Type # The Social Butterfly # The "No People Skills" Person # The Rookie # The Overly Sensitive Person # The Manipulator It's time to take charge of all the difficult situations that come your way. Follow these positive, proactive guidelines for targeting telltale behaviors, and put an end to office strife once and for all!
Let's face it -- who among us has only a single project? Multiple projects are the norm, not the exception, and there are very good reasons why this is so. A lot of projects simply aren't big enough to justify the investment of a full-time project manager: having only one is impractical. Depending on the availability of resources, a multiple project environment can accomplish substantial work while lowering the overhead burden of project management by consolidating processes. In this book, you will learn how to recognize the characteristics and to manage effectively in each of these situations, how to plan and organize your work, how to influence other people who may not report to you in an official supervisory capacity, and how to get results. This is an ebook version of the AMA Self-Study course. If you want to take the course for credit you need to either purchase a hard copy of the course through amaselfstudy.org or purchase an online version of the course through www.flexstudy.com.
The key to moving up? Managing up! Whether you're seeking a surefire career-booster or simply looking to improve your relationship with your boss, this welcome guide gives you all the skills you need to build a productive, mutually beneficial relationship with your boss. Using the inspiring collection of ideas, strategies, and tactics found in Managing Up!, you'll learn how to: *Enhance your relationship with your supervisor *Accurately read your boss's likes and dislikes * Provide the kind of support that helps your boss succeed *Make sure you're in tune with your boss's goals *Build mentoring and networking relationships throughout the organization *Handle criticism *Deal with problem bosses, and more.
Project Risk and Cost Analysis focuses on risk in the context of project management, primarily in the area of risk's effects on project costs, with emphasis on the many modern tools that help you and your organization quantify and manage project risk. You will learn how to perform a formal risk and cost analysis, apply the Earned Value Method to risk management, and adjust schedule and budget reserves appropriately for your project conditions. The book follows the basic project risk management approach as laid out in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 4th Edition, popularly known as the PMBOK® Guide, along with other sources listed in the bibliography and suggested reading. This is an ebook version of the AMA Self-Study course. If you want to take the course for credit you need to either purchase a hard copy of the course through amaselfstudy.org or purchase an online version of the course through www.flexstudy.com.
An indispensable plan for creating more time--and less stress. Most of us dream about having a few extra hours in our day for taking care of business, relaxing, or engaging in the activities we most enjoy. But how can we make the most of our time when it seems as though there aren't enough hours in the day? This instructive guide to time management is full of tips, techniques and commonsense advice that will make anyone more productive. In this newly updated edition of Real-World Time Management, Michael Dobson includes invaluable tips on setting priorities, tricks for staying on track, keeping a closed-door policy, avoiding interrupters, and techniques for reducing stress through time management. Readers will also learn how to handle distractions, stop procrastinating, delegate tasks, deal with meetings and manage time effectively while traveling. Instructive and helpful, Real-World Time Management will help all readers organize their time--no matter how hectic their lives may seem.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.