- Table View
- List View
Coordinated Science for the 21st Century is an innovative core curricula assembled from four proven inquiry-based programs. This book comprises four units, viz., 1. Active Physics, 2. Active Chemistry, 3. Active Biology, and 4. Earthcomm. Each unit of this course has been designed and built on the National Science Education Standards. Each utilizes the same instructional model and the same inquiry-based approach.
"What are the possibilities inherent in Socialism? What is it? What can it mean to humanity 's future? What would it look like in America? These are the questions raised in this exquisitely timely book. We must profoundly change the way we live, or we will not survive. A Socialism that we make ourselves could be the answer."--Alice WalkerThe polar ice caps are melting, hurricanes and droughts ravish the planet, and Earth's population is threatened by catastrophic climate change. Millions of American jobs have been sent overseas and aren't coming back. Young African American men make up the majority of America's prison population. Half of the American population is poor or near poor, living precariously on the brink, while the top one percent owns as much as the bottom eighty. Government police-state spying on its citizens is pervasive. Consequently, as former President Jimmy Carter has said, "we have no functioning democracy."Imagine: Living in a Socialist USA is at once an indictment of American capitalism as the root cause of our spreading dystopia and a cri di coeur for what life could be like in the United States if we had economic as well as a real political democracy. It features thirty-one concise and accessible essays by revolutionary thinkers and activists on various aspects of a new society and, crucially, on how to get from where we are now to where we want to be, living in a society that is truly fair and just.Contributors IncludePaul Street * Joel Kovel * Ron Reosti * Rick Wolff * Michael Steven Smith * Mumia Abu-Jamal * Angela Davis * Ajamu Baraka * Harriet Fraad * Tess Fraad-Wolff * Renate Bridenthal * Blanche Wiesen Cook * Leslie Cagan * Melanie Kaye/Kantrowitz * Steven Wishnia *Juan Gonzalez * Frances Fox Piven * Arun Gupta * Tom Angotti * Dave Lindorff * William Ayers * Mat Callahan * Clifford D. Conner * Fred Jerome * Michael Moore * Michael Ratner * Kazembe Balagun * Michael Zweig * Dianne Feeley * Paul Le Blanc * Martín Espada * Terry Bisson
Integrated Coordinated Science for the 21st Century is an innovative core curricula assembled from four proven inquiry-based programs.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.