- Table View
- List View
Intermediate Algebra review. Perfect for a slower-paced course or for individual review.
The Eighth Edition of this highly dependable book retains its best features--accuracy, precision, depth, and abundant exercise sets--while substantially updating its content and pedagogy. Striving to teach mathematics as a way of life, Sullivan provides understandable, realistic applications that are consistent with the abilities of most readers. Chapter topics include Graphs; Polynomial and Rational Functions; Conics; Systems of Equations and Inequalities; Exponential and Logarithmic Functions; Counting and Probability; and more. For individuals with an interest in learning algebra as it applies to their everyday lives.
Mike Sullivan's time-tested approach focuses students on the fundamental skills they need for the course: preparing for class, practicing with homework, and reviewing the concepts. In the Ninth Edition, Precalculus has evolved to meet today's course needs, building on these hallmarks by integrating projects and other interactive learning tools for use in the classroom or online.
The goal of this textbook is to develop a high level of mathematical understanding and an appreciation for the way mathematics can describe the world around us.
These authors understand what it takes to be successful in mathematics, the skills that students bring to this course, and the way that technology can be used to enhance learning without sacrificing math skills. As a result, they have created a textbook with an overall learning system involving preparation, practice, and review to help students get the most out of the time they put into studying. In sum, Sullivan and Sullivan's Precalculus:Enhanced with Graphing Utilities gives students a model for success in mathematics.
A printed manual containing full solutions to odd-numbered exercises from College Algebra 8.
A proven motivator for readers of diverse mathematical backgrounds, this book explores mathematics within the context of real life using understandable, realistic applications consistent with the abilities of any reader. Graphing techniques are emphasized, including a thorough discussion of polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions and conics. Includes Case Studies; New design that utilizes multiple colors to enhance accessibility; Multiple source applications; Numerous graduated examples and exercises; Discussion, writing, and research problems; Important formulas, theorems, definitions, and objectives; and more. For anyone interested in trigonometry.
"The Sullivan Enhanced with Graphing Utilities" series fully integrates the graphing calculator. These widely adopted books are known for their precise careful presentation of mathematics. This precision permeates the book and is particularly evident in the examples, pedagogy and exercises. This book includes coverage of trigonometric functions and their applications, analytic trigonometry, polar coordinates and vectors, and exponential and logarithmic functions. For anyone who needs to brush up on everyday or business-related mathematics.
This textbook helps students build the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in trigonometry. It contains a number of theorems, definitions, procedures, and equations. The lessons include Graphs and Functions, Trigonometric Functions, Analytic Trigonometry, Applications of Trigonometric Functions, Polar Coordinates Vectors, Analytic Geometry, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, etc.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.