- Table View
- List View
You May Be Single, But You're Not Alone. Being a great dad is challenging enough when you're part of a two-person team. But now you're raising your kids single-handedly. How can you provide the emotional, physical, and spiritual support your children need, cover all the details of running a household, and still earn a living to support your family? Being a solo dad could easily be the toughest job of your life. The good news is you're not alone. Inside this book you'll find the support, advice, and encouragement you need to succeed. Here are practical solutions for everything you're facing-from conflicting emotions to day-to-day time management. You'll find useful pointers on a daughter's unique needs, a son's inner struggles, and even how to recruit trusted friends to pitch in. With plenty of humor and real-world insight, The Single Dad's Survival Guide will show you how to expand on your natural, built-in abilities so you can come out on top as a parenting team of one. * Find logistical help on everyday challenges, including finances, family schedules, household management, and staying on top of your work. * Take advantage of practical guidance on everything from supporting and nurturing your kids to protecting your own emotional health.* Learn how to get past anger, hurt, and fatigue to stand strong as the man your children need most-a man who provides security, stability, and spiritual guidance during one of the toughest times in their life. It's all here to help you succeed as a solo dad. Single parenting takes everything you've got-so learn how to give it your all.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.