- Table View
- List View
In recent years, powerful tools for verifying hardware and software systems have been developed. Major companies, such as Intel, Siemens, BT, AT & T, and IBM have increasingly become interested in that technology. Students need a basic formal training that allows them to gain sufficient proficiency in using logic-based verification methods. This book addresses these needs by providing a sound basis in logic and an introduction to the logical frameworks used in modeling, specifying and verifying computer systems. Coverage provides a simple and clear presentation, detailing propositional and predicate logic as well as some specialized logics used for reasoning about the correctness of computer systems. The authors introduce a carefully chosen core of essential terminology; further technicalities are introduced only where they are required by the applications. Numerous examples are given, as well as a full exposition of a fast-growing technique for modeling and verifying computer systems, known as symbolic model checking. It will be an ideal introduction for undergraduate students. A worldwide web tutorial that supports the course activities and provides solutions to the sample exercises is available to instructors.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.