- Table View
- List View
The most authoritative and comprehensive guide to realizing the amazing health benefits of 5-HTPWritten by one of America's leading naturopathic doctors, 5-HTP explains how this natural amino acid can safely and effectively regulate low serotonin levels, which have been linked to depression, obesity, insomnia, migraines, and anxiety.5-HTP is also a powerful antioxidant that can protect the body from free-radical damage, reducing the risk of serious illnesses such as cancer. 5-HTP has already helped thousands, and Dr. Murray, citing extensive scientific studies and case histories, shows how this groundbreaking supplement can help you.From the Trade Paperback edition.
With fifty new recipes and new information on the benefits of juicing and juice cleanses, here is the completely revised and updated edition of this juicing category killer.The first completely revised edition of this juicing classic, The Complete Book of Juicing is packed with new information on super fruits such as pomegranate and papaya, weight-loss and juice fasts, immune function, juicers, and more. With one hundred fruit and vegetable recipes and a fresh new package, this book is a user-friendly and fun necessity for any juicing kitchen. From the Trade Paperback edition.
By the co-author of the bestselling Encyclopedia of Natural MedicineDoes your body need a tune-up?In this remarkable new approach to holistic medicine, Michael Murray, N.D., one of the nation's leading naturopathic doctors, shows you how to use the latest information in natural medicine to customize a program that will have every system in your body running like new. Take Dr. Murray's self-tests to pinpoint your health priorities. Then go on this fascinating guided tour to better health.Circulatory system: lower your blood pressure without pills * keep your cholesterol in check with a vitamin derivative * stop varicose veins with a treatment that's better than surgeryImmune system: foods that bolster your defenses against cancer and other life-threatening illnesses * herbs to stop a cold ... fast!Digestive system: discover Germany's number one natural remedy for digestive problems * what's dangerous about antacids * how to stop heartburn with DGLBrain and nervous system: natural remedies for memory loss and depression * brain-boosting vitamins and herbsDetoxification system: cleanse your liver with an ancient herb * revitalize your system through safe fastingEndocrine system: a no-cost way to burn fat * new ways to achieve crucial hormonal balance and reduce stressSkeletal system: how to prevent -- even reverse -- osteoporosis with these simple natural supplements * new approaches to arthritis and chronic fatigueSexual system: how to bring more energy to your love life without dangerous drugs * ease menopausal hot flashes, and much more!Here are the tools -- and the knowledge -- you need to put yourself in the best shape of your life.
From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything edible. As countless studies have affirmed, diet plays a major role in both provoking and preventing a wide range of diseases. But just what is a healthy diet? What does the body need to stay strong and get well?
This book provides an introduction to key theoretical and methodological issues in developing a critical health psychology. It considers alternatives to the positivist assumptions underlying traditional health psychology, and proposes a reconstructed discipline that on the one hand delves into the experience of health and illness, and on the other engages with the social and political aspects of the subject. Containing carefully edited contributions from key thinkers in the field, it provides a coherent critique of mainstream health psychology.
IF YOU TAKE NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS, HERBS, VITAMINS, AND OTHER NATURAL PRODUCTS, YOU NEED THIS BOOK!Compiled by one of America's leading authorities on natural medicine, The Pill Book Guide to Natural Medicines answers vital questions about the effectiveness and safety of more than 250 of today's most popular natural remedies. Dr. Murray's unique A-to-F rating system tells you at a glance whether the product has been scientifically proven to work and if there are risks in taking it. Written in clear, accessible language, here is important information on:* What the product is for, and how it works* Safety and effectiveness rating * Possible side effects* Drug and food interactions* Usual dosage* Cautions and warnings* Special concerns for seniors, children, and pregnant womenUp-to-date and authoritative, The Pill Book Guide to Natural Medicines also contains Dr. Murray's recommendations for the prevention and treatment of over 70 common conditions, from acne and atherosclerosis to ulcers and varicose veins. Remember, just because a product is "natural" does not mean it is safe. This important reference can help you make wise choices-or even save your health.From the Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.