- Table View
- List View
This is Michael Newton's second book about what his subjects describe under hypnosis of the time we spend in between lives. Discusses in more detail many of the concepts in Journey of Souls.
An A-to-Z encyclopedia of kidnappings that have taken place throughout history, from Viking raids and Aztec sacrifices to modern-day political kidnappings. Alphabetically arranged by subject, organization, and victims' and kidnappers' names, the volume contains nearly 1,000 entries.
Amateur sleuths, mystery lovers, and reality show buffs will find much to contemplate in this encyclopedia of unsolved crimes committed around the world in the 19th and 20th centuries. Each of the 500-plus cross-referenced entries includes a detailed description of the crime, all known evidence, and leading theories about the perpetrators. Newton, who has written several references about crime and specializes in books about serial murders, briefly mentions in his introduction some of the intriguing cases that were solved during preparation of this volume, and so were deleted. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Why are you here on Earth? Where will you go after death? What will happen to you when you get there? Many books have been written about past lives, but there has been little about the ongoing existence of our souls as we await rebirth-until this startling and provocative book. When Dr. Michael Newton, a certified Master Hypnotherapist, began regressing his clients back in time to access their memories of former lives, he stumbled onto a discovery of enormous proportions: that it is possible to "see" into the spirit world through the mind's eye of subjects who are in a hypnotized or superconscious state; and that clients in this altered state were able to tell him what their soul was doing between lives on Earth. What you are about to read in this book will shake your preconceptions about death. Over many years, the author has taken hundreds of people into the spirit world. The 29 cases recounted here encompass the reports of the very religious, the spiritually noncommitted, and those in-between-all of whom displayed a remarkable consistency in the way they answered questions about the spirit world. Dr. Newton learned that the healing process of finding one's place in the spirit world was far more meaningful for his clients than describing their former lives on Earth. Journey of Souls represents ten years of his research and insights to help you understand the purpose behind your life choices, and how and why your soul-and the souls of those you love-lives eternally.
A chilling journey through the secret world of cults and covens, where innocent blood is shed for the glory of Satan.
A gang of vicious, sadistic ex-cons is killing women all across the country. Joseph Flynn, agent of the FBI's violent criminal apprehension program (VICAP) must find them before they kill again. Violence.
JOURNEY TO THE KILLING GROUND It was an age of innocence -- an era of carhops, poodle skirts, and hula hoops. It was also a time of terror. In 1958, a man named Harvey Glatman sped along the Santa Ana freeway out of L. A. , headed to the desert with his "date" huddled in the passenger seat beside him. In his pockets Harvey had a gun and a length of rope. Drunk on power, arousal, and rage, Harvey also had a plan. And beneath the desert stars, by the light of the moon, he carried out his ordeal of unimaginable cruelty -- using his body, a camera, and his rope. ... Months later, after one of his inhuman attacks went awry, Harvey's torture killings were described to a shocked and silent California courtroom. For decades, these infamous deeds would inspire television and movie plots. But until now, there has been no definitive account of the forces that drove one of America's most legendary serial killers. And never before has it been explained why, for Harvey Glatman, his crimes weren't about killing, raping, and torturing at all -- they were all about the rope.
Craft a novel that evokes the spirit of the West Western Movies don't appear as frequently today as they did in the 1960s, but those that make the cut in Hollywood prompt frequent Oscar buzz. Nor have Western novels been eclipsed. In 2010, Amazon. com offered 213 new Western novels for sale, plus many reprints of older classics. Writing Westerns examines what a Western is, while teaching you how to research and write one. You'll benefit from the author's experience#151;248 books published since 1977#151;and the example of masters in the field, from Zane Grey and Max Brand to Louis L'Amour and Cormac McCarthy. Each chapter includes a short list of recommended sources for further reading. Appendices to the main text include a glossary of Old West slang and jargon, which is helpful in writing realistic dialogue, a timeline of significant historical events, and a list of classic Western films and novels. Research, talent, and imagination are the keys to writing a successful novel. Join us now, as we set off into the West.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.