- Table View
- List View
Integrity is not simply something that happens as a result of unconditional love, healthy genes, or good luck; it emerges, if it does, because as a parent you make it important and you choose to exercise influence in this arena. Combining stories of children in their natural settings with compassionate, indepth analysis and pragmatic counsel, Right From Wrong makes the promotion of integrity possible, feasible, indispensable. With valuable lessons on using praise, honesty, questioning, listening, and discipline in a constructive way, you will learn how to foster integrity in your children, making them people whom we admire as well as people who are proud of themselves. Book jacket.
Staying Connected to Your Teenager: How to Keep Them Talking to You and How to Hear What they're Really Sayingby Michael Riera
At last, a book of sage advice that will help frustrated parents reconnect with their teenager and keep that connection even in today's often-crazy world. The first step is simple: realizing that inside every teen resides two very different people-the regressed child and the emergent adult. The emergent adult is seen at school, on the playing field, in his first job, and in front of his friends' families. Unfortunately, his parents usually see only the regressed child-moody and defiant-and, if they're not on the lookout, they'll miss seeing the more agreeable, increasingly adult thinker in their midst. With ingenious strategies for coaxing the more attractive of the two teen personalities into the home, family psychologist Mike Riera gives new hope to beleaguered and harried parents. From moving from a "managing" to a "consulting" role in a teen's life, from working with a teen's uniquely exasperating sleep rhythms to having real conversations when only monosyllables have been previously possible, Staying Connected to Your Teenager demonstrates ways to bring out the best in a teen-and, consequently, in an entire family.
UNCOMMON SENSE FOR PARENTS WITH TEENAGERS has ushered countless families through the trying years of adolescence. Offering a fresh interpretation of the teen years, Dr. Riera asserts that this period of a child's growth is too often misunderstood as a phase to be dreaded instead of enjoyed. In this fully revised and updated edition, he tackles some of the newest issues facing parents and teens and gives a second look to the old standbys.
This perennial bestseller (with more than 100,000 copies sold) has been completely revised and updated for a new generation of teenagers and their parents. Since its initial publication in 1995,Uncommon Sense for Parents with Teenagershas ushered countless families through the trying years of adolescence. In this fully revised and updated edition, Riera tackles some of the newest issues facing parents and teens, and gives a second look to the old standbys--alcohol and drugs, academics, sex and dating, sports and extracurriculars, eating disorders, making friends, single parenting, divorce, and more. Riera channels his unpatronizing approach and two decades of experience working with teens into this optimistic and indispensable book.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.