- Table View
- List View
Get your brain fit--and your body will follow! Conventional wisdom has always been that in order to lose weight, you need to eat less and move more. But skyrocketing obesity rates tell us that it's not that simple. If you really want to get in shape and stay that way, you need to start at the top--with your brain. The latest research in neuroscience shows that the brains of overweight people are different than the brains of lean people--and not in a good way. Yet, you can train your brain to think like those skinnier counterparts--and leverage that brainpower to drop those extra pounds for good. In Train Your Brain to Get Thin, you'll learn how to: Control hunger levels to reach and maintain optimum weight Defeat emotional eating at its core Feed the brain the nutrients it needs for optimal performance Trick the brain into working for, not against, weight loss Get "addicted" to exercise, not food And much, much more! Train Your Brain to Get Thin combines the latest research in both neuroscience and human behavior to give you the brain-changing program you need to get fit, look good, and feel great--for life!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.