- Table View
- List View
Misery loves company. More than an old cliché, those words become an obsession for Phoebe DuChamp. Once the popular and pretty all-American high school sweetheart, Phoebe lost it all when she married the wrong man soon after graduation. Harold, the star quarterback and king of the playboys, has made Phoebe's life miserable for ten years. Instead of divorcing Harold, Phoebe finally devises a way to make his life miserable too. Her plot backfires, however, when she becomes a victim in a tragic boating accident. When Harold is unable to collect on her million-dollar insurance policy, it appears that Phoebe may have won out in the end. Shy and quiet, Lacy was less than popular in high school, and often walked in the shadow of her unlikely best friend, Phoebe. Now she's content to live behind the scenes as a voiceover actress for a well-liked cartoon character. When she finds herself the beneficiary of Phoebe's insurance policy, Lacy's quiet life is thrown into the spotlight--especially when cryptic clues start to point to murder. Phoebe's brother, homicide detective Marcel DuChamp, just won't allow "The Case of the Accident Prone Prom Queen" to rest. If he's not careful, he could trip into something that will take him on more turns and loops than a rollercoaster ride.
International bounty hunter Ovan Dominguez is hot on the trail of a genius mad scientist who believes he is furthering his research by committing the most heinous of crimes. His next target is a blood relation. Moorman University Dean Rashawn Ams and Professor Chance Davis have a strong bond built on love and admiration. They are also united by a haunting secret involving their son Reggie's biological father. Recovering sex addict Juanita Davis desperately wants her ex-husband, Chance Davis, back. Yearning for his touch again, Juanita is not above using their son, Junior, to accomplish that. What do all of these people have in common? They are all on a mad man's hit list!
What should have been a normal day for Romia Smith turned into a life-changing chain of events. She was a high-heeled, leather wearing, skilled in the martial arts, and motorcycle riding bad-to-the-bone chick. The symbol of the Phoenix she has everywhere represents more than her strength. On that day someone frames her for the death of a man she does not even know and the worst part is. . . she is a cop. However, as the pieces began to fall into place, Romia was not sure about what was real and what was a lie. Her instincts told her to trust no one. Will her life ever be normal again? Or would she rise up out of the ashes like a Phoenix into a new and exciting life?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.