Finally, for alternaparents everywhere, the baby-naming book that will ensure that your baby has the coolest, most unique name on the playground. Ashley and Jaden? Over. Atari, Bedford, Sailor, Puma? Oh-so-in. Indie-leaning alternaparents of every kind, from geeks to Goths, are all grown up and procreating, and they want names that reflect the individuality they pride themselves on. Hello, My Name Is Pabst shows them how to put their stamp on baby-naming, injecting fun into what can be an otherwise contentious process. Names are thematically arranged into lists including "Names You Can Drink at the Bar" (Jager, Hennessey), "Names That Fit Into Skinny Jeans" (Vette, Plank), "Vegan and Gluten-Free Names" (Miso, Quinoa), and "Names to CTRL+C and CTRL+V" (Adobe, Helvetica). Also included are "tipsters" for sparking naming creativity, such as opening a box of crayons or scanning the credits of a foreign film. Pabst presents a whole new approach to baby-naming for a whole new generation of parents who want names that look good on a tote bag and kick ass at the playground.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.