- Table View
- List View
Amyloid diseases are characterized by the deposition of insoluble fibrous amyloid proteins. The word "amyloid" indicates a starch-like compound, and though a misnomer, continues to be the accepted term for this group of protein conformational disorders. The second edition of Amyloid Proteins expands upon the previous edition with current, detailed protocols for the preparation of amyloid and its precursors, specific analytical methods for studying these proteins, cell culture models and assays for production of amyloid proteins, and protocols for amyloid extraction from tissue, its detection in vitro and in vivo, as well as nontransgenic methods for developing amyloid mouse models. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.Authoritative and practical, Amyloid Proteins, Second Edition seeks to aid scientists in the amyloid field to establish new techniques in their laboratories. Authoritative and practical, Amyloid Proteins, Second Edition seeks to aid scientists in the amyloid field to establish new techniques in their laboratories.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.