- Table View
- List View
This book supports trainees on primary initial teacher training courses where a secure knowledge and understanding of mathematics is required for the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). A rigorous test enables trainees to identify their strengths and weaknesses in mathematics and this can be revisited in order to monitor and evaluate progress towards QTS. Trainees are able to direct their studies more usefully and quickly develop confidence in topics they find difficult. This edition is fully up to date with the 2007 QTS Standards.
If you are a primary trainee, you must demonstrate a knowledge of mathematics to be recommended for QTS. This popular, widely recommended text helps you audit your knowledge of mathematics and understand what learning you need to pass your course. A rigorous test helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses and can be revisited at key stages in your course as a tool to monitor and evaluate progress. The fourth edition has been updated in line with the new National Curriculum, includes more information on expanding and developing your knowledge of mathematics and is linked to the newest Teachers' Standards.
Mooney, Fletcher (both U. of Southampton), Briggs (U. of Warwick), Hansen (St. Martin's College, Lancaster), and McCullouch (U. of Winchester) present a revised text for primary trainee teachers working towards Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, also suitable as a reference for Newly Qualified Teachers, mentors, curriculum coordinators, and other education professionals. The text addresses the management of mathematics learning as well as progression and misconceptions in primary mathematics. The third edition includes new reflective tasks, greater reference to the role and use of ICT in mathematics teaching, more emphasis on the National Curriculum and new Primary Framework for mathematics, and new material on assessment for learning, using and applying mathematics and developing thinking skills. Distributed in the US by ISBS. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
The Sixth Edition of this popular core text provides the essential teaching theory and practice for primary mathematics. It promotes effective teaching through secure pedagogical knowledge, covering the key skills of planning, monitoring and assessment and class management, and relating these specifically to primary mathematics. This Sixth Edition is linked to the 2012 Teachers' Standards. With full coverage of the theory and practice required for effective and creative mathematics teaching, this text is an essential guide for all trainees working towards QTS. Throughout, practical guidance and features support trainees to translate this learning to the classroom, embed ICT in their lessons and to understand the wider context of their teaching. Trainees will find it helpful to use this book alongise Primary Mathematics Knowledge and Understanding. About the Achieving QTS series All the books in this successful series support trainees through their initial teacher training and guide them in the acquisition of their subject knowledge, understanding and classroom practice. All new titles within the series link to the 2012 Teachers' Standards and take into account recent changes in Initial Teacher Training.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.