- Table View
- List View
These days in the quest to calm the body, mind, and soul, finding the time to relax can be a real challenge. In the spirit of the popular Learn to Relax and Learn to Meditate books come these 50 beautifully illustrated cards in soothing colors designed to ease and refresh an exhausted mind. Each card features an inspirational image and mediation excercise drawn from Eastern and Western traditions. With an introduction detailing various ways to use the cards, these pocket-sized guided meditations make it easier to find peace and fulfillment-even when time is not a luxury. By envisioning rays of dappled sunlight through the petals of a flower, the Lotus Blossom meditation teaches not to forget the spiritual side amidst the frantic pace of modern life, while the Yin and Yang card focuses on the strength found in a glimmer of hope that flickers in darkness. On a hillside, in the backyard, or even at the office, The Relax Deck can teach anyone the art of letting go.
Do you feel anxious and overwhelmed by day-to-day life? Are you looking for a greater sense of personal fulfilment? The constant demands of our fast-paced modern lives means we often feel overwhelmed, stressed and under pressure. You Can Find Inner Peace is a simple, easy-to-use guide designed to help you achieve a more balanced way of living. The book contains 25 specially devised mental, physical and emotional exercises that will help you create a calmer life. The techniques covered are drawn from around the world and include visualisation and meditation. You will learn how to: * Gain greater self-understanding and a sense of self-worth * Improve your peace of mind; * Deal more easily with life's difficulties; * Grow your self-esteem and self-confidence; * Enjoy your life more fully and appreciate its simple blessing.
Are you able to relax and unwind? Are you searching for a way to feel balanced and in control of your life? With 25 simple mental and physical exercises, this book will show you how to understand and control your personal stress triggers by using simple techniques such as breathing, visualisation, meditation, sleep enrichment and physical exercise to help you relax and unwind. Mike George presents a wealth of ways to put our problems into perspective, to help us gain control over our inner and outer lives and turn negatives to positives. Mixing both expert practical advice and philosophical reflection, this is a book that can be dipped into or read time and time again.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.