- Table View
- List View
Are meetings taking over your life? You're not alone. Meet Iris, a sales director so overwhelmed by meetings that she feels like a hamster on a wheel--in fact, she's turned into one. Just in time, she meets a coach--a leading meeting efficiency expert--with a simple system that helps her regain her sanity and humanity. The coach's secret is a laser-like focus on the five biggest meeting pain points: 1. Meeting overload: Professionals waste twenty-four days a year in useless meetings. 2. Missing success ingredients: ninety percent of all professionals attend meetings that lack a clearly stated objective and agenda. 3. Virtual-meeting chaos: Disinterested participants + endless technical glitches huge amounts of wasted time. 4. Agenda adrift: Goals are missed when meetings veer off course. 5. Action distraction: Incomplete action items result in delayed projects and missed deadlines. The coach demonstrates that these five challenges are damaging Iris's career and costing the world over a trillion dollars each year. He provides practical new solutions that rapidly transform Iris from victim to victor. These solutions are tailored to the technology-driven world in which Iris lives--she discovers how to use e-calendars, PDAs, and virtual meetings to make her life easier, not more complicated. She applies the solutions, gets immediate results, and reclaims her life. The Hamster Revolution for Meetings focuses on a small number of high-impact best practices that really work. Included is a landmark case study that shows how 3,000 Capital One associates reclaimed ten days per year while improving meeting effectiveness by over 35 percent.
The Hamster Revolution is a timely solution to both the widespread problem of email overload as well as most people's inefficient (or nonexistent) systems for categorizing and storing email messages.
Overloaded? Overwhelmed? Overworked? You need ZIP! Today, the fastest way to get more done is to focus on tech management--not time management. Mike Song, with the help of productivity superhero "Z," shows you that the secret is right at your fingertips. The devices and software you use every day have incredible time-saving features almost nobody knows about! Once you discover them you'll effortlessly boost your performance and zoom to your goals like never before. ZIP! to what matters most in a single click! Print long phrases in two keystrokes! Convert an Outlook email into a LinkedIn contact in three keystrokes! And so much more! "It takes guts to teach Microsoft leaders new ways to use our own technology. This book exceeded our expectations and had us all zipping along!" --Chuck Metzger, Senior Project Manager, Microsoft "ZIP Tips make your entire organization better, smarter, and faster!" --Elaine Hetu, Director, Six Sigma Training and Career Development, McKesson "ZIP Tips help our busy salespeople soar!" --Brenda Davis, Senior Manager, Worldwide Sales Training, United Airlines
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.