- Table View
- List View
This book supports trainees on primary initial teacher training courses where a secure knowledge and understanding of mathematics is required for the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). A rigorous test enables trainees to identify their strengths and weaknesses in mathematics and this can be revisited in order to monitor and evaluate progress towards QTS. Trainees are able to direct their studies more usefully and quickly develop confidence in topics they find difficult. This edition is fully up to date with the 2007 QTS Standards.
Mooney, Fletcher (both U. of Southampton), Briggs (U. of Warwick), Hansen (St. Martin's College, Lancaster), and McCullouch (U. of Winchester) present a revised text for primary trainee teachers working towards Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, also suitable as a reference for Newly Qualified Teachers, mentors, curriculum coordinators, and other education professionals. The text addresses the management of mathematics learning as well as progression and misconceptions in primary mathematics. The third edition includes new reflective tasks, greater reference to the role and use of ICT in mathematics teaching, more emphasis on the National Curriculum and new Primary Framework for mathematics, and new material on assessment for learning, using and applying mathematics and developing thinking skills. Distributed in the US by ISBS. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.