- Table View
- List View
MAKE YOUR JOB WORK FOR YOU In today's often-challenging job market, many of us want to feel more engaged with our current jobs rather than try to find the "perfect" position. Veteran leadership consultants and authors Milo and Thuy Sindell share eight thought-provoking strategies to help you create the end of work as you know it--their phrase for the ideal state of harmony among what you do for a living, why you do it, and the results you achieve. Strategies such as Initiate Change, Create Meaning, Spark Creativity, and Build Legacy will empower you to make your job work for you--instead of the other way around. Real-world examples and practical exercises put the strategies into context and are sure to inspire you to take action, transforming the daily grind into lasting, meaningful accomplishments. These tools can help you regroup whenever you find yourself disengaged at the office, regardless of your field or career stage. So when you're ready to quit singing the 9-to-5 blues, The End of Work as You Know It guides you toward aligning your values with your professional goals in order to fundamentally change your experience of work.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Does your boss ignore you? Is your career going nowhere? Are you just going through the motions? If so, you need a trip to the Job Spa. Inside, authors Milo Sindell and Thuy Sindell detail an easy-to-master program that shows you how to reengage with your work and approach your career with new levels of energy and enthusiasm. Doing so will enable you to: Make a 100 percent commitment to get the most from your job Leverage your strengths to achieve their professional goals Conquer workplace culture Gain the respect of your boss and colleagues Build valuable relationships in the workplace Job Spa: Twelve Weeks to Refresh, Refocus, and Recommit to Your Careeris all you need to get excited, get noticed, and get ahead-once and for all. Milo Sindell, M. S. , has developed career training and employee integration programs for disabled adults. He has held senior management positions with Applied Signal, Intel, and Sun Microsystems. He lives in San Francisco. Thuy Sindell, Ph. D. is director for client services and a leadership coach for Mariposa Leadership, Inc. , providing coaching services for Fortune 100 companies. Recent clients have included Charles Schwab, Cisco, The Gap, and Wells Fargo. She lives in San Francisco. They are the authors ofSink or Swim: New Job. New Boss. 12 Weeks to Get It Right.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.