- Table View
- List View
Injured ballerina Kat Morehouse had come home to convalesce and help out her overburdened mom. And between caring for her niece and restoring her mother's dance studio, romance was the last thing on Kat's mind. Until Rye Harmon turned her plans-and her heart-topsy-turvy.Rye had been her high school crush, and he still made her weak in the knees-not a desirable condition for a dancer! But as their sizzling attraction drew them together, their ambitions pulled them apart. Because Rye's dreams were taking him away from Eden Falls-just when Kat was starting to suspect that small-town life wouldn't be so bad...if she could share it with the right person.
Which is more unlikely? Meeting a single, straight, reasonably attractive, willing-to-commit man? Or discovering a secret cache of magic books? For good girl Jane Madison, neither has a shot in hell of coming true-until the day she finds a hidden room.... Now she's done a bit of experimenting and found a spell that makes her irresistible to men-even those who have previously ignored her. And another that turns a cat into her witch's familiar (a snarky, critical, self-absorbed man-pretty much a typical male). Though her impulsive acts of magic have brought a warder (sexy, grouchy, elusive, and determined to stop her from using magic) down on her, Jane's not willing to let go of this fantastic new life. Though she wonders about having things that aren't "real," she's having too much fun to stop. After all, no one ever said being a witch was easy....
Pregnant? His grandmother's ultimatum was that he marry, not become a dad. But when brilliant physician Ethan Hartwell searched for the only woman he'd never quite forgotten, he found a two-for-one-Sloane Davenport was carrying his child! Now Ethan had to decide whether to tell Sloane his darkest secret... A foster kid, Sloane dreamed of giving her own child a perfect family. But one incredible night with Ethan left her pregnant and-outrageously-fired from her job. Struggling to keep her independence, Sloane refused Ethan's logical proposal. She wasn't about to marry for anything but respect and partnership and love. So what will it take for her "maybe" to become a "yes"?
Those TV witches have got it made. . . . Wiggle a nose. Dinner's on the table! Hop on a broom. Next stop, Tahiti!Unfortunately, nose-wiggling doesn't cut it in real life. So witch or not, Jane Madison must deal with her insane work schedule, best-friend drama and romantic dry spell like everyone else. But now the exclusive Washington Coven wants Jane to join. This could be a dream come true for the magical misfit, or it could be the most humiliating experience of her life. Either way, the crap's gonna hit the cauldron because Jane is about to be tested in ways she's never imagined-and, pass or fail, nothing will ever be the same.
Erin Hollister is waiting for her big break-or even a small one. She's been dumped by her boyfriend, canned by her employer and it doesn't seem that her dream of making it on Broadway will come true either. But then she's given a lantern-complete with genie!-and it looks as if a little magic may be in store.... That is, if she can decide what to wish for. There's the rub. Career? Family? Love life? Even a charismatic genie can grant only so many wishes. Or maybe Erin should just hold on to all those magical chances and think about what might be (instead of seeing just what's under her nose). Time's running out. Ultimately, it's Erin who must decide how to keep the magic alive-forever.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.