- Table View
- List View
[from the back cover] "It's Valentine's Day in First Grade. All the children send cards to each other. Everyone is excited. Some people get lots of cards--but some people don't. And there are tears. But Jim knows how to make George feel better--and all the others join in. By the time the refreshments arrive, it is indeed a Happy Valentine's Day for everyone in First Grade."
A Daughter of Two Mothers is the incredible, true account of a handicapped widow's forced separation from her infant daughter, the years of longing and searching, the legal battle, and the subsequent destruction brought by the Nazis. Open this book and you will step into the world of a generation gone, of pre- and post-war Hungarian Jewry, as young Leichu moves between two communities and their divergent lifestyles. This is a gripping story of separation and reunion, of pure faith and acceptance of God's will, and of triumph over despair.
From the book: It was almost Thanksgiving. First Grade drew pictures of the Pilgrims, Anna Maria wrote a play and told everyone what to do. Their teacher showed First Grade how to make a giant turkey, and Anna Maria got to wear The turkey costume first. But Jim knew that Thanksgiving is for everyone, and even Anna Maria had to agree that Louie made a fine turkey. A favorite First Grade celebrates a favorite holiday in a Thanksgiving book that spans the seasons. This book contains picture descriptions. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
Jacob worries a lot. If only he knew how much his friends from second grade really like him... He thinks they think he's too short, too uninteresting, and just too strange because he likes beavers and has never gone on a fishing trip. He worries that no one will show up for his birthday party. When his entire class shows up to celebrate with Jacob, he finally understands just how wonderful and unique they really think he is.
The team is mad at Jacob. Jacob thinks it's all Honey's fault that he's missed the ball. In his anger he says something mean to Honey. When he sees how he's hurt her feelings, Jacob has to decide what to do.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.