- Table View
- List View
We all have a story to tell. We often judge our own stories as being good or bad, right or wrong. The truth is, each and every one of them not only holds meaning for us but for those around us as well. Chicken Soup for The Teenage Soul IV is filled with stories that show what it really means to be a teenager in today's world. Are you having a tough time with your best friend? Trying to get your crush to notice you? Recovering from a heart-wrenching breakup? Are you dealing with something even more difficult, like coping with the death of someone you love? Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul IV shows you that you're not alone. You'll see yourself in these stories filled with compassion, love, and wisdom from teens who have made it through the hard times and triumphed. These are real stories about real life you won't want to put down until you've read the last page.
Our lives are full of stories. Some of our stories are happy, some are sad and most of them fall somewhere in between. What's important is that we understand that they are for our learning. We usually look at our actions as good or bad, right or wrong, or experiences that place us above or below others. If we can adjust our thinking and look at our stories as tools for our growth, then we can be grateful for all the things that we have to go through. If we can remember to love ourselves and have compassion for our "mistakes," then we can live with more gratitude and joy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.