- Table View
- List View
the core of the DNN solution. All of these enhancements provide developers with a lot of power in one solution.In previous Professional DotNetNuke books, DotNetNuke founder Shaun Walker authored a popular introductory chapter covering the evolution of the DNN open source project. He will expand this initial chapter with information about venture capital funding, commercialization, and software business insights - which will be of interest to DNN enthusiasts as well as technology entrepreneurs.DNN site builders, administrators, and developers will learn how to:determine if they have met the installation requirments and install DNNadminister and host a DNN site and install and configure modulesmanage users and keep a DNN installation securelocalize a DNN site for multiple languagesbuild custom DNN modules in C# using the model of separation of database, business logic, and presentation layerscustomize the DNN look with skinningmake their site social with EVOQ
This book details the development techniques needed to work within the DotNetNuke framework. It discusses the available methods to extend the framework, as well as the situations and rules governing when each respective extension model should be used. Additionally, the book stresses leveraging the framework in as many areas as possible, and ultimately using the framework to the advantage of the developer. Samples in the book are provided in both C# and Visual Basic (VB), and provides some excellent new features that are supported, starting with DotNetNuke 5.0.
Complete coverage of all key . NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 languages and technologies . NET 4 is Microsoft's latest version of their core programming platform, and Visual Studio 2010 is the toolset that helps write . NET 4 applications. This comprehensive resource offers one-stop shopping for all you need to know to get productive with . NET 4. Experienced author and . NET guru Mitchel Sellers reviews all the important new features of . NET 4, including . NET charting and ASP. NET charting, ASP. NET dynamic data and jQuery, and the addition of F# as a supported package language. The expansive coverage is divided into six distinctive parts for easy navigation, and addresses: Visual Studio 2010, . NET 4, ASP. NET, the C# language, the VB. NET language, and the new F# language. A practical approach and complete examples round out this much-needed reference. Focuses on the new and important features of the latest version Microsoft's core programming platform-. NET 4-as well as Visual Studio 2010, which allows you to write . NET 4 applications Provides comprehensive coverage divided into six parts: Visual Studio 2010, . NET 4, ASP. NET, the C# language, the VB. NET language, and the new F# language Discusses Visual Studio snippets and templates, . NET charting components, the . NET framework and WPF, LINQ, and the Entity framework Explores various aspects of Visual Basic 2010, such as multi-line lambdas, auto-implemented properties, nullable optional parameters, and more This investigative look at . NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 will help you identify and isolate key elements that can benefit you immediately.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.