- Table View
- List View
Now in its third edition, this highly successful text has been fully revised and updated with expanded sections on cutting-edge techniques including Poisson regression, negative binomial regression, multinomial logistic regression and proportional odds regression. As before, it focuses on easy-to-follow explanations of complicated multivariable techniques. It is the perfect introduction for all clinical researchers. It describes how to perform and interpret multivariable analysis, using plain language rather than complex derivations and mathematical formulae. It focuses on the nuts and bolts of performing research, and prepares the reader to set up, perform and interpret multivariable models. Numerous tables, graphs and tips help to demystify the process of performing multivariable analysis. The text is illustrated with many up-to-date examples from the medical literature on how to use multivariable analysis in clinical practice and in research.
This book takes the reader through the entire research process: choosing a question, designing a study, collecting the data, using univariate, bivariate and multivariable analysis, and publishing the results. It does so by using plain language rather than
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.