- Table View
- List View
Working undercover is nothing new for DEA Agent Rory Johnston. In the years following her sister's death, she's been involved in investigations in more high schools and colleges than she cares to count. The case in Bourland is different, though. Not only is she supposed to find the source of the drugs on the college campus, she also has a secret assignment - find the dirty cop within the department who has been responsible for having their informants killed.Zachary Rowlins is the officer Rory must work with in her new assignment - but for all she knows, he might be the dirty cop. When Zach is unexpectedly pulled from the case, he discovers that the corruption within the department goes much deeper than either of them suspected. Zach finds himself in a race against time to save his partner knowing one thing - if he loses Rory, he'll lose more than just a partner. He'll lose his future as wellSenuality Level: Sensual
FBI psychologist Lexie Thomas didn't ask to be part of this case. It chose her. For the past year, a white envelope has been delivered to her office every month. Lexie doesn't even have to open the envelope to know what she'll find inside: a handwritten note, a single puzzle piece, and a picture of the killer's most recent victim.Colton Billings has lived in Smuggler's Run, Texas, for almost his entire life. Being a member of the police force is the family business. Unfortunately, his father's retirement comes just as the second biggest crime to hit the town unfolds. When Anna Grimes's disappearance coincides with Lexie's return to town, he knows he's in over his head . . . in more ways than one.Sensuality Level: Sensual
Welcome home! Glad you got my message.Cryptic words written on a note taped to the fire station door welcomed Della Chambers back to Crockett, Texas. When she was seventeen years old, she watched her life go up in flames. After the loss of her mother, she turned her back on her hometown - forever. Now one of the most respected members of the FBI's arson investigation team, her knowledge of the town makes her the logical choice when the residents experience a string of suspicious fires.That's what the arsonist is hoping as well.Camden Gibson is the reason Della is still alive, and she's never forgiven him for it. Returning to Crockett means she has to finally put ghosts from her past to rest while trying to navigate the choppy waters of working side by side with Camden.Della has always been the one - the reason no other women were quite right for Camden. He never expected to see her again, and now he's placed her directly within reach of the arsonist's dangerous obsession.Now the pair is forced to work side by side, and they discover the heat between them has nothing to do with fire.Sensuality Level: Sensual
Miller's Grove's most eligible bachelor, Josh Owens, could have a different date every night of the week, so he doesn't understand why he's drawn to Tara since she's obviously not interested in him. Tara Sullivan is angry that he's stolen the coveted prime-time anchor position she'd been promised.<P><P> A stranger begins preying on the single young women in Miller's Grove, and the story's assigned to Tara. As the number of victims grows, Tara reluctantly accepts help from Josh. As he researches his top suspect in the assaults, he unearths events in the past that more than one resident of Miller's Grove wants to keep hidden.<P> Together they discover a web of conspiracy and lies involving the most powerful family in town. Josh and Tara put their reputations at risk in the hope of exposing the truth and, perhaps, finally bringing Tara peace.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.